• Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users

1 members and 164 guests

Most users ever online was 888, 05-03-2015 at 03:45 PM.

• Categories Widget (top-down)

• Southern Colorado Marine Aquarist Society

by Published on 04-05-2014 12:21 AM
    Article Preview

I found this while looking into John's question yesterday. Credit given at the end of the article.

Marine Ich (Cryptocaryon irritans)

One of the marine aquarist’s devils. So many articles have been written about it. Many are long or are in multiple parts. A lot is known about this marine fish disease because of the many $$$ put into research by the fish farming and aquaculture industries. First discovered (or the better word is 'noticed') in the 1800's and later more understood in the 1900's, we’ve learned about all there is to know about this parasite by the 2000's.

I don’t want to write a long post on Marine Ich (MI) but the reader, in as brief of space as possible, should know some truths. The aquarist 'sees something' and then 'guesses' as to what it means and thus starts another round of rumors. It's almost ...

• Recent Forum Posts

89delta

Purple Helix question

I just tested again today like I have scheduled every week and my pH is 8.2, alk is 11, calcium is 425 and mag is 1340. Nitrates,nitrites and ammonia

89delta Yesterday, 08:05 PM Go to last post
    Reefkoi

Banggai Cardinal Dad

I can’t wait to see the babies!! Bring some in I’ll sell “check six cardinals” along with check six pods and phyto why not!!

Reefkoi Yesterday, 07:51 PM Go to last post
    Reefkoi

Purple Helix question

Damn no difference? Your calcium alkalinity and mag must not b balanced because I’ve killed off coraline algae from moving tanks and had it rebound and

Reefkoi Yesterday, 07:50 PM Go to last post
    GrassHoppa'

Dbtc duncans

Anyone home?

GrassHoppa' Yesterday, 01:43 PM Go to last post
    89delta

Purple Helix question

Well it's been almost two months since I last posted about getting a bottle of this stuff to try out and we'll......I haven't even noticed a tiny bit

89delta 05-21-2018, 05:54 PM Go to last post
    89delta

My new 40B

Recent updates to the build is a Reef Angel plus, salinity expansion, BRS co2 scubber, CDX Media and airline tubing run to the outside of the house. pH

89delta 05-21-2018, 05:03 PM Go to last post
    Tristan.winfrey

Berghia nudis

Does anyone local propagate Berghia nudibranch? Thinking of trying these to tackle my aiptasia problem. I’ve tried adding a filefish with a not so wonderful

Tristan.winfrey 05-21-2018, 05:54 AM Go to last post