• Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users

2 members and 149 guests

Most users ever online was 888, 05-03-2015 at 03:45 PM.

• Categories Widget (top-down)

• Southern Colorado Marine Aquarist Society

by Published on 04-05-2014 12:21 AM
    Article Preview

I found this while looking into John's question yesterday. Credit given at the end of the article.

Marine Ich (Cryptocaryon irritans)

One of the marine aquarist’s devils. So many articles have been written about it. Many are long or are in multiple parts. A lot is known about this marine fish disease because of the many $$$ put into research by the fish farming and aquaculture industries. First discovered (or the better word is 'noticed') in the 1800's and later more understood in the 1900's, we’ve learned about all there is to know about this parasite by the 2000's.

I don’t want to write a long post on Marine Ich (MI) but the reader, in as brief of space as possible, should know some truths. The aquarist 'sees something' and then 'guesses' as to what it means and thus starts another round of rumors. It's almost ...

• Recent Forum Posts

Kirblit

Time to come together

So sorry for your families loss Doyle.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Kirblit Today, 11:55 AM Go to last post
    HBL

Time to come together

We're so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

HBL Today, 10:28 AM Go to last post
    ddwmedic

Time to come together

We are so sorry for your loss and extend our deepest sympathy! You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using

ddwmedic Today, 08:48 AM Go to last post
    hooked

Time to come together

THANK YOU ALL so much for the kind text messages, phone calls, and facebook comments of support. As I sit hear with huge tears in my eyes and the worst

hooked Today, 12:08 AM Go to last post
    Reefkoi

Time to come together

Terrible news, Jacob and doyle you guys are like brothers to me I’m so sorry

Reefkoi Yesterday, 11:54 PM Go to last post
    morrisjtja

Time to come together

My thoughts are with you Jacob, Devyn, Doyle and Cheryl. I am truly saddened to hear that Scarlette is no longer with us. No words can make anything better

morrisjtja Yesterday, 08:44 PM Go to last post
    sweat044

Time to come together

For those of you who know Doyle and Cheryl, know how great they are. They would do anything for abybody. They lost their granddaughter unexpectedly yesterday.

sweat044 Yesterday, 06:27 PM Go to last post