PDA

View Full Version : yellow pyramid butterfly

smalltownreef
08-18-2011, 05:44 PM
After much research I thought that I came to the conclusion that it was reef safe. The one I have seems to have takin a liking to my xenia. is there any way to get it to stop or should i just try to remove him from my system?

Git_r_done2x
08-18-2011, 05:45 PM
from everything that Ive read, once they get a taste, most likely they wont stop. but all fish are different though so...

dv3
08-18-2011, 07:14 PM
if anything could be done it would be to feed him well like several times a day and good variety ...atleast its xenia if thats all he likes im sure them are members that would give you that for free to keep it fed :)

jasonp87
08-18-2011, 09:12 PM
From live aquaria: "If underfed the Yellow Pyramid Butterfly may occasionally pick at Xenia or other soft corals. Feeding several times daily is recommended". They usually have pretty good info.

stacy7127
08-19-2011, 08:44 AM
I have two in my tank i have never had any problems with them but i dont have Xenia,,and i feed them pemysis,,they are suppose to be planktavors

smalltownreef
08-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Thanks all, I will try to feed more often. Currently the tank gets fed, a rotation of frozen brine, mysis and a another shrimp combo who's name escapes me now..it has more shrimps and meaty things in it. I have realized that xenia is like the plague, my consern is what happens when its all gone, what will the fish try to eat next. will it go after any other softie...ugh darn you fish!