PDA

View Full Version : reflection from acrylic top

rye_84
07-23-2011, 08:47 AM
My plan is to mount my lighting system pretty high above my tank, but am worried that there will be a reflection from off of the acrylic top. Has anyone noticed a problem with this if they raise their lights higher. The tank is a truvu and has the majority of the top covered except for the 4 openings to get in and out of it.

Murfman
07-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Not sure I understand your problem you described. Are you talking about reflecting into the room or up in to your eyes when you look top down? I take it no canopy?

rye_84
07-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Reflection into the room. I know there will be light spilling around the tank. Say you shine a flashlight on a mirror, and it reflects back and shines the light onto another wall. Does acrylic act similar to that or does it allow for a high amount of the light to shine through it without much bouncing back. And yes the plan is to go with no canopy (they always aggravate me.)

the haj
07-23-2011, 10:46 AM
No, you should be ok, their shoul not be very much light bouncing off the top of your brace.

Redside
07-24-2011, 07:45 PM
We have a TruVue with the lights about 8" to 10" above the top and have no real issue with light reflection.