PDA

View Full Version : Electrical question with lighting.

gpkozmp
03-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Okay so I have everything set up and I am currently waiting on my Nitrates to come down but in the mean time I am looking my lighting. I have attached my ballasts' on the canopy so they are close to the bulbs. However the outlet cord is only 2-3' long and not even the closest one will reach the my PC4 down on the lower part of on the stand.

My options' are:

1) Can I just get an extension cord and plug them all in and then plug that into my PC4?

2) Can I just cut all the wires and extend them to where they all would reach my PC4?

I am not sure how either of them would work out like and if I do use option 1, will they all work the right way.

68sting
03-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Either way would work just. Just make sure you get the proper gauge of wire. I would probably just make or buy some extension cords. I have a large gauge extension cord that I have hacked a few peices off of. You're welcome to some of it if you would like. You just need to buys some ends.

Pride of the rockies
03-30-2011, 03:06 PM
You can cut off the end of an extension cord and jimmy is together, get some heat shrink stuff and make it look pro, just make sure you connect the right wires together. You could also buy extension cords long enough so they will reach. I went with option number 2, Target had clearance of 3 prong extension cords 3/$10 a while ago. They're green but they work.