PDA

View Full Version : Mark as Read Option Changed!

Gomojoe
12-04-2010, 02:57 PM
I've changed the way the site works in regards to deciding what threads you've read or not. It was on an old method which used cookies and a arbitrary time limit to determine what is new. Now it actually stores the fact that you read it in the database and is a more billed as a more accurate method of doing it. Please let me know if anyone is having issues with the new setting! Thank you!

Gomojoe
12-04-2010, 03:00 PM
One major change you'll notice is that you will not see threads that you have just replied to, unless someone else replies to them. If you would like to see all threads from the last day, week, or month click on the corresponding link under the "Quicklinks" drop down!

Gomojoe
12-04-2010, 03:28 PM
One word of note. When I changed this it reverts to the max day limit to determine what to show you. Currently the max day limit is 10. Which means until you actually read all of the forums you'll see all from the past 10 days! The quick fix to this would be to "Mark all Forums Read." Otherwise you'll have to wait 10 days or go through all of the forums in the list!