PDA

View Full Version : ok im curious about this please ID

barryfish
11-30-2010, 07:46 PM
ok so i got this from randomfish im pretty sure :) i traded him my picasso clown for this. wasn't for sure what it is i forgot sorry i feel stupid but hey atleast i'm asking now haha. its not a blasto i had the pink blasto's while i had the trigger i got the blasto's from lance so please id!!! took the pic with my phone sorry if its hard to see :(

barryfish
11-30-2010, 07:47 PM
i think its chalice but not sure??

notxes11
11-30-2010, 08:01 PM
my guess would be an acan or blastos.

randomfish
11-30-2010, 08:02 PM
barry thats not one of mine

honoreetamore
11-30-2010, 08:06 PM
U got some acans growin by the looks of it :)

barryfish
11-30-2010, 08:20 PM
tom i didn't get blasto's from you when i traded that trigger. jason might be right he said favia. but i can't tell i wish the damn thing would grow lol ill post a pic of my acan's i got these from lance

randomfish
11-30-2010, 08:24 PM
i thought you got the green blastos lol i cant remember what i traded

barryfish
11-30-2010, 08:43 PM
nah wasn't blastos bro these might be favia im lost in the sauce

SpaceOps
11-30-2010, 08:44 PM
The pink one looks like a blastomussa with the polyps retracted.

rekn
11-30-2010, 08:45 PM
the green and blue isnt an acan its a favia- the orange ones look like a favia based on skeleton but its kinda blurry

SpaceOps
11-30-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm not an expert on favia, but the green one looks like a favia to me.

barryfish
11-30-2010, 08:59 PM
ok so green one is favia. i know the pink 1 isn't blasto's my blasto's are really healthy and they started with about 6 heads and now have about 10 this 1 only has 3 and has been hard skeletoned ever since i got it i don't know if this helps but when i moved it i accidently touched the head and this sperm stuff came out i know its a deffense probably but just wondered if this helps with ID

barryfish
11-30-2010, 09:25 PM
ok maybe its acan anyways i was wondering do i have to target feed this if it is a acan? i don't target feed anything not even my frogspawn or even mini maxi carpet. when i first got this, at night the sweeper tenticles would come out and now i haven't seen them in awhile

honoreetamore
11-30-2010, 11:19 PM
The pink thing looks liek a very hurtin acan... might be blastos but either way... its hurting LOL sry dude...
and yeah, feeding them normally helps any animal!! Speakin of hurting animals... how is your BTA doing? I have my nem tank set up now like we talked about if u still want.. :/

The green and purple look like healthy dragon soul favia to me. :)

barryfish
12-01-2010, 11:06 AM
I think the pink thing is acan its been hard looking since I got it it was never like my blastos its not bleached I have had it for about 3 months. The bta was done trish it finally let go of were it was sitting and it wasnt sticky then it got stuck to the powerhead :( at night the acan looks swelled up is that normal. I don't know if metal halides is to much for the acan I got the light about 10 inches off The water and my tank is 22in deep the acan is on The sandbed. So what do u think the problem is?? I still want someone to stop by for their opinions on my tank

Murfman
12-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Barry, If it is an Acan, you might want to shade it. I had to do so with my Acans at 30", under 400 w MH.

Reefkoi
12-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Looks like pissed off blasto wellsi to me, possibly acan lord but I'm going with blasto :)

honoreetamore
12-01-2010, 02:44 PM
I think the pink thing is acan its been hard looking since I got it it was never like my blastos its not bleached I have had it for about 3 months. The bta was done trish it finally let go of were it was sitting and it wasnt sticky then it got stuck to the powerhead :( at night the acan looks swelled up is that normal. I don't know if metal halides is to much for the acan I got the light about 10 inches off The water and my tank is 22in deep the acan is on The sandbed. So what do u think the problem is?? I still want someone to stop by for their opinions on my tank

Sry to hear about the BTA :( And yeah.. i agree about shading it... you saw how far my MH were off my tank (like 30 inches - of which i had to block the light from blinding people at the party with a oh so sexy piece of cardboard - its was ghetto fabulous baby!!! I think Reefkoi may still have a pic of that too hahaha), But anyway - I kept my acans on teh sandbed too and STILL kept them shaded!! And they did great! So do that with urs... just at the edge of a shaded area so they get a lil light. and FEED THE POOR THING YA BIG MEANIE!!!

SpaceOps
12-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Looks like pissed off blasto wellsi to me, possibly acan lord but I'm going with blasto :)

Wish I'd said that

barryfish
12-01-2010, 10:17 PM
i didn't trade it as a blasto i was told it was a favia or acan just wasn't for sure which one. like i said it looked like this when i got it except the sweeper tenticles would come out at night they were tiny with little balls at the end of them and now at night it kinda swells up like it looks soft instead of hard. tonight i see 1 tenticle coming out. here is my blastomussa's i got these from lance.

barryfish
12-01-2010, 10:56 PM

i was looking at some acan lords on your site and sponsor forum chris, and this mystery thingy looks like acan lords deffinetly. just tiny. now what do you recommend me feeding them and does theyre sweepers have to be out to eat? and are they supposed to be hard or soft? my blasto's are soft until they retract then they get hard like theyre stocking is hard

Reefkoi
12-02-2010, 02:22 PM
when I have some that are drawn in like that and needing some food I use the Fauna Marin LPS pellets, sprinkle a couple on each mouth once a week, you could also use chopped up mysis shrimp or brine, if you wait until just after the lights go out it is easier because they do send out the feeders and take the food quicker!!

C