PDA

View Full Version : Best way to secure hoses

aarond21
11-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Well I got my transfer done the other day the 75 to my 47, Ill post pics later for some opinions. I had an accident today, I screwed up and didn't clamp down the tubing on my sump pump. I came home and my sump had half flooded my dinning room! :cuss: My own fault something I over looked on the transfer. I'm wondering what I can clamp this hose down with. I have zip-ties and one of those crazy ratching clamps(don't know how good those are). I have a mag5 in my sump. It has a screw in barb on it. Thats the details of it. Oh yeah whats the best method of getting this water cleaned up?

Thanks,
Aaron

Murfman
11-26-2010, 10:32 PM
You can get nylon hose clamps from NAPA. I use a shop vac or carpet shampooer to suck up the water. Shammy rags work on the left behind stuff in the carpet.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

JLAURENCE32
11-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Seascapes has the nylon hose clamps. I think that's what most people use.

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/ProductImages/fittings/hoseclamp.jpg

randomfish
11-26-2010, 11:23 PM
yes seascapes carries the nylon clampsand if you need bulkheads or line loc you have to ask cause they keep everything in the back room

honoreetamore
11-27-2010, 12:37 PM
I used reg hose clamps since most of them are out of the water anyway... My lil fingers arent really strong enough for the hose clamps seascapes carries... I have put em on before and they have still come off! :( But thats me.. lol

As far as water clean up, towels towels and more towels... then a fan over the area to try to dry it up faster. If you really want to you can get on ur hands n knees with a hair dryer. lol ;) Or if you have a wet/dry shop vac!! That would work great too!

torquehound
11-29-2010, 05:09 PM
The best ay to keep your ho's secure is to keep your pimp hand strong, or so I've read. . .

Murfman
11-29-2010, 07:32 PM
The best ay to keep your ho's secure is to keep your pimp hand strong, or so I've read. . .

Yeah, that is not what Heather says!