PDA

View Full Version : FOWLR Lighting?

aarond21
10-25-2010, 02:09 PM
I have recently started a setup for a 75gal. That Im going to make a FOWLR. My question is what type of lighting and how much I need?

Thanks,
Aaron

PuD
10-25-2010, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't see much of a need to have anything more than power compacts unless you plan on adding coral later. I have a power compact fixture over my FOWLR (soon to be reef) and the few corals I do have (zoas) are in great shape. So, I say PC is all you'd really need. JMO

torquehound
10-25-2010, 05:15 PM
I had two 96w pc bulbs over my 125 so one on the left and one on the right as you look at it. It was ok for just the fish although I would recommend getting the 50/50 bulbs for it. I added zoas and other stuff though and that wasn't enough for them to be really happy. Two on each side would have been though.

GrassHoppa'
10-25-2010, 05:41 PM
I would agree with the other guys. If your just doing fish any light would do. When you set up a fowlr the lights would be all cosmetic. Although I think the color in your fish would look alot better with t5's, LEDs....

barryfish
10-26-2010, 02:57 AM
i wouldnt put any light over it that is ment for plants tho like example 6700k you would have some unwanted algae and no clean up crew i would think :(