PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Off Topic Fodder! for the thread (Discussion thread for "Nobody Told me - Info

SpaceOps
07-18-2010, 07:17 PM
Ahh, here we go! Read, read, read, read! There are several great websites moderated by industry experts. Wetwebmedia.com and manhattanreefs.com are among them. I don't know how recent the reference books are, given that knowledge of reefkeeping and technology have changed so rapidly in the past few years, but The Conscientious Aquarist has always been a staple.

Find people with the most successful aquariums and learn their techniques. You'll find that every expert disagrees at least a little with every other expert, but you'll find themes that seem to permeate.

racer69
07-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Seriously Dan, can you just stick to what is posted. You don't have to have an opinion on everything. Trish is trying to start up a good thing, she didn't want a one response answer to all the questions out there. She is looking for suggestions of good topics to be discussed.

Sorry Trish, lets try and keep this one on track.

SpaceOps
07-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Don't see what was out of line here. Read everything you can find that's current and talk to experienced hobbyists.

SpaceOps
07-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Must've misread the instructions. Let me restate one of my inputs:

Is there a good reference where I can go to find answers to all of my newbie questions?

Gomojoe
07-18-2010, 08:03 PM
This is the repository of debatable content interfering with Trishes Forum! No deletions, no censor, just not in her forum! If something I have moved is believed to actually be pertinent,PM me for possible move back into the thread of origination!

Murfman
07-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Maybe re title it so people know it deals with Trish's thread?

Reefkoi
07-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Man I can't keep track here..........so much BS......so much posts........sigh.......

I guess the good thing is we are all talking I have not seen so much forum action in months haha now I've probably de-railed this one so we might have to start another off topic fodder thread ;)

Huhhhhh
07-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Damit C I'm so disappointed with your avatar selection.:cuss:

SpaceOps
07-18-2010, 08:15 PM
No need to post this here. I just misread the instructions.

Jeesh!

Reefkoi
07-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Damit C I'm so disappointed with your avatar selection.:cuss:

I'm in a drinkin mood so Julian had to come out haha

SpaceOps
07-18-2010, 08:28 PM
I never could figure out who that was.

hurrafreak
07-18-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm in a drinkin mood so Julian had to come out haha

Before I ever met you, and I've only met you once at the church swap that MASC put on, I thought that was actually you lol!

Reefkoi
07-18-2010, 08:35 PM
I wish LOL, Julian is da man!