PDA

View Full Version : Open brain

torquehound
04-26-2010, 08:33 AM
Should I worry about my crabs messing with a trachyophilia radiata (wellsophylia) I picked up? Anything else I should be thinking about? It was kind of closed up when I got it but it is getting its fluffiness back now.

rekn
04-26-2010, 11:04 AM
ive had open brains and lobos eat crabs before, hermit and others.

torquehound
04-26-2010, 05:11 PM
I asked because my little "pocket expert" book says crabs can pick them to death. I could care less if it ate one I just don't want them to eat it. I see these things in half of everyone's tanks and I would bet that most all have lil crustys running around too.

Mr. Limpet
04-27-2010, 08:13 AM
I had an arrowhead crab that my coral bandit shrimp eventually killed like my other shrimps. but anyway, he used to reach down inside and take the food out of the brain and meat coral in the middle of the night while they were digesting. But I haver never seen him or any other pick at a coral other than trying to steal food from it.

rekn
04-30-2010, 10:04 AM
jason, just cut the bottom off a 20 oz. and place it over the coral. that is what i do to keep my fish and such from picking my wire corals food. when its done i just take the bottle out for the next day.

Powerman
04-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Mine was actually getting picked on by my blenny. Put it in and out of the fuge and finally caught the Blenny Red handed. Blenny went... still have the Brain. It's still for sale. It's huge.

torquehound
08-15-2010, 08:18 AM
I definately was able to bring this thing back. It doesn't quite look as fluffy as ones in the store yet, but has color and eats and everything now. It was cool to watch it slowly come bak to life from near death.