Finally choose the lights for our new tank.:w00t:

http://www.saltycritter.com/lighting/sunlight-supply/tek-light-elite-t5.htm

Looking at this bulb combo to start:
4 x AquaSun 54W T5 Fluorescent Aquarium Lamps by UV Lighting
2 x Actinic White 54W T5 Fluorescent Aquarium Lamps by UV Lighting
2 x Super Actinic R 54W T5 Fluorescent Aquarium Lamps by UV Lighting

RoushRacer
04-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Check with Reefgeek, he usually can beat anyones price and they have the fastest shipping and best customer service I've ever dealt with.

As far as bulbs, might want to check the T5 thread on RC (I know, yuck RC!). Lots of good info there on fixtures and bulb combos. I've tried a ton of bulbs and used to own the Tek and I'd go for at least 3-4 ATI Blue Plus bulbs along with a KZ Fiji Purple. Best bulbs for color, pop and PAR. The rest would depend on how blue of a tank you want. 12k, 15k, 20k etc...

And if you have the money, I'd greatly advise checkin out the ATI Sunpower (not much more) or ATI Power Module. These two have active cooling, acrylic shields, better ballasts, best reflectors and much, much higher PAR.

Just saw it was a Tek Elite and not the old Tek. Definitely better and a lot closer to the ATI fixtures, but rumor has it these are shipping with the workhorse ballasts which I'd personally stay away from for T5s. There are a couple of threads on this of you do a search. I was really excited about these new Tek Elites my self until I found this out...

Gomojoe
04-18-2010, 06:14 AM
I would think about switching out two of the aquasuns with aquablue specials! I've got two aqua suns and they are really red! They have the best par out there, but it only a small compromise to the aquablues so it isn't so red!