PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jaw Trigger help

Coloradofish
02-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Hello! I am new to the forum but not to salt water fish. I am looking at a Blue Jaw Trigger that is at Seascape. It has a pop eye on one side. From what I have read, one side probably means that it is an injury and not an infection. Has anyone ever had a fish with this condition? The fish is eating well and seems very active. They have had him for close to a month. Does anyone think this would be a mistake to introduce this fish into our tank? We have a 90 gallon FOWLR that has been up and running (very stable) for 14 years. We have a Maroon Clown, a Blue Velvet Damsel and a convict goby that we have had for at least 7 years (can't remember when we bought them). We also have a fire shrimp, 2 snails and a bunch of hermit crabs. Please advise. Thanks in advance for your help.

Courtney
02-14-2010, 09:24 PM
They had a Coral Beauty that was down there and had the same thing and told me it was because of injury during shipping. They also told me it was there for a month and in my eyes you would think if the injury happened during shipping it would have healed a month later? This didnt make sense to me and they didnt have an explanation or an estimated timeline as to when it would heal. I passed on the fish needless to say for several reasons.

I have no clue if this is really from shipping or what not as I am completely new to the hobby. I can tell you that that same fish was gone 4 days later though.

Murfman
02-14-2010, 09:38 PM
I had a maroon Clown that had pop eye, it never cured. He was blind in that eye and it stayed popped out until I got rid of him and his mate.

If the fish has had it for a month, or more, there is a good chance it won't get any better. Unless you are getting a huge break on the price, I'd pass, IMHO.

Coloradofish
02-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the advice. We left him there for the last week while we were on vacation and went in to see him today. His eye is all better and he is doing well. We went ahead and brought him home. I am acclimating him right now. I will let you know how he does.