PDA

View Full Version : 48" T5 Fixture

Courtney
02-05-2010, 10:48 PM
So I was changing my bulbs tonight and in the process got my switch that operates my actinics to operate backwards so when it should be off it is really on and my 10ks dont work at all.

I need a new 48" fixture ASAP or some help repairing this one on the cheap as I am seriously limited on budget.

Any takers???

PM me if so or just call me at 719-641-0847 and I will jump in the car and come now!!

Courtney
02-06-2010, 08:09 PM
So since I am getting no replies I went shopping today and am curious what yall think of this light....

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?category=Coralife_Aqualight_Pro_H QI_MH_Lamp_%20_PC_%20_Lunar_LED_24_Inch_Double_End ed_Metal_Halide_Power_Compact_Fixtures_with_Moon_L ights&vendor=Coralife&idProduct=ES53502&IdCategory=FILTFIMHMPMDMLM3&child=ES53506&tab=4&size=48&option1=150%20watt%20HQI%20Lamp%28s%29 (http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?category=Coralife_Aqualight_Pro_H QI_MH_Lamp_%20_PC_%20_Lunar_LED_24_Inch_Double_End ed_Metal_Halide_Power_Compact_Fixtures_with_Moon_L ights&vendor=Coralife&idProduct=ES53502&IdCategory=FILTFIMHMPMDMLM3&child=ES53506&tab=4&size=48&option1=150%20watt%20HQI%20Lamp%28s%29)

I am getting a smoking deal on it and am thinking its an upgrade and will let me do whatever corals I want to do no problem.

Feedback appreciated especially if you have one of these

Murfman
02-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Definitely be able to keep SPS with that!!!!

Courtney
02-06-2010, 08:23 PM
So you think I should jump on it Paul? I am afraid it will be too much wattage personally. Thinking of suspending it though. Figured if I got to get a new light might as well get one I can have some birdsnest with lol.

Murfman
02-06-2010, 08:25 PM
So you think I should jump on it Paul? I am afraid it will be too much wattage personally. Thinking of suspending it though. Figured if I got to get a new light might as well get one I can have some birdsnest with lol.

Most BN like lower light, Courtney. :banghead: Too much and they brown out. You can adapt them but it has to be slowly.

Courtney
02-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Alright I figured I would see if there are any electricians out there that might want to have a go at a t5 fixture. It has been at my "hook up" for the past week as he lent me some metal halides (I decided not to purchase the fixture above as I upgraded tanks anyways) while he took a look at it. He told me today that the ballast were out and I needed to replace both for $150. I find this hard to believe as if that were the case they wouldnt fire at all right? Also as far as the actinics go....they come on like they are supposed to (not backward buttons) but will only stay on for 10 minutes or so. Daylights however I cant get on at all.

So here is the whole story on what happened...

I ordered new bulbs, they arrived and threw the process of changing out bulbs something went wrong and thats were it started acting up. I personally think it has something to do with what I did as they worked completely fine before the bulb adventure.

Anyways I thought I would see if there is anyone out there that wouldnt mind taking a look at this light and seeing if it is repairable. LMK.

Courtney

mrliriel
02-13-2010, 08:31 PM
I can repair it if you can wait until after the 26th of this month. I am currently working without rest (61 hours a week) every day until that date.

As for repair costs it really depends on if it is just the ballasts or if the lamps got cooked as well. The cost can range anywhere from $50 to $200 on most fixtures.

Courtney
02-14-2010, 01:16 AM
I honestly think it is something minor and would just like someone to look at it and tell me...havent decided if I want it repaired yet or not as I dont know what I am going to do with it since I have different lights on my 75. I really just want to know what I did when changing out the bulbs to cause them to flicker. Just baffles me and now I am afraid to touch light bulbs lol. I just know it is something that I did as it was working fine until I tried to put new bulbs in it.

frickenfragger
02-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Someone on MASC said you were looking for a light? I have a 48" finnex for sale 2X150, 2X54 T5. 6 months old, like new. Tank mounting kit and hanging kit. You can see the ad in the equipment for sale on that site or PM me if you are interested.

Courtney
02-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Thanks but I actually upgraded tanks so not looking to buy something at the moment. Would like to figure out what is wrong with this one as I know I did if that makes sense. Appreciate the offer though.