PDA

View Full Version : Shy Blue Chin Trigger

Dreamscape
10-16-2009, 09:50 PM
We got a Blue Chin Trigger on Sunday. Since we bought him - he hides deep in the rock work. How long is normal for him to isolated like this? He can only be getting 1-3 pieces of Mysis Shrimp or other food.

His Tankmates are a rowdy bunch for a semi-reef safe enviroment:
7 year old Yellow Tang - stunted growth and starved for attention, rather mean when introduced to new tank mates, but mellows as he gets accustomed
4 year old mated Ocellaris Clownfishs
1 Electric Blue Damsel - not nasty as typical
1 Coral Beauty Angel - showing signs of bullying with torn fins
1 Flame Angel - Jerk of a bully especially with the coral beauty. At what point should we decide this pair will not work? SIDE QUESTION!
1 Mandrian Goby - everyone leaves alone (must think he is a lizard).

Inverts:
Standard Cleanup Crew
Coral Banded Shrimp
Green Bubble tip Anenome

Corals:
Kenyan Soft Tree
Frogspawn Frag with one head starting to branch.

90 Gallon and no ill affects or syptoms noticed except the harrasment of the coral beauty and the shy trigger.

Murfman
10-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Are you talking about a Blue Jaw Triggerfish? He will hide till he feels comfortable and establishes a territory of his own. If he is good sized, it shouldn't be a problem. If he is small the Angels could damage him.

Dreamscape
10-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks, He is augmenting his diet of mysis shrimp. Our first semi-major loss...scratch the coarl banded shrimp! He is still somewhat small as triggers go - but he is #2, he is larger than the clownfish and smaller than the crusty yellow tang!

I am afaird he has choosen his territory - behind the rockwork!

Dreamscape
10-17-2009, 12:18 PM
It is a Blue Jaw Trigger.

Murfman
10-18-2009, 09:26 AM
He will come out, in time. Are you sure he took the CBS and it just isn't a molt?

Dreamscape
10-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Right again....the CBS has grown almost an inch since we got him. The molt had meat or food strung off where it was caught in the powerhead - I thought he was gone.

Our yellow tang that we inheirted is officially up for adoption. He is bugger attacking the trigger.

Our Coral Beauty was rushed to LFS for rehab period until we can catch and exchange the Flame Angel. I can say I really appreciate Jon at Mr. Aqua - both him and Ellis are a huge help and resource.

A QT is our next priority! Any funriture building referals here?

Murfman
10-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Two Angels of the same Genus is a bad idea, unless you have a very big tank.