PDA

View Full Version : Need Glass for Fixture

WheresTheBeach?
11-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Does anyone know where I would buy replacement glass for an Aquamedic Metal Halide Light? I think its about time to replace mine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Thurge
11-30-2007, 01:27 PM
I just checked on their site and I didn't see anything about parts. I would think that Exotic Tropical being a dealer could get you the piece.
Why are you thinking its time to replace it? I wouldn't think it would need to be replaced unless it cracked.

irishguy24
11-30-2007, 02:34 PM
is it the glass or bulbs your replacing.....i only ask cause the possiblity of someone throwning back a few round here exists

SpaceOps
11-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Sounds like specialty glass--optical and maybe tempered

irishguy24
11-30-2007, 03:26 PM
I just checked on their site and I didn't see anything about parts. I would think that Exotic Tropical being a dealer could get you the piece.
Why are you thinking its time to replace it? I wouldn't think it would need to be replaced unless it cracked.

or burnt for some strange reason

racer69
11-30-2007, 05:25 PM
If it is over an hqi, it is definatley tempered. If it is not broken don't mess with it.

WheresTheBeach?
11-30-2007, 06:58 PM
It is cracked but has been for a while. I would like to replace it. I will call Exotic Tropical.

Deuce67
12-02-2007, 08:07 AM
You may want to get that glass shield replaced soon if its cracked. If it totally breaks, the UV on the HQI lamp is going to cause some serious damage to your tank and can cause some injuries to yourself.(Another reason I dont like HQIs anymore). If ET cant get one, you can just call a local glass shop and have them cut one. Tell you need it tempered and UV blocking. Even a local custom picture framing shop will do.