PDA

View Full Version : Pretty cool

notchback5.0
03-31-2009, 09:35 PM
So today, I picked up a miss bar black O. Clown and while I was there, I saw someone from the club picking up a leaf fish, which is freaking awesome BTW! I already had a orange O. Clown in my tank which has been there for about 2-3 months now. After a short acclimation, i dropped the mis bar in, and they 2 clowns found each other right away. They kind of swam near each other, neither being aggressive more like crossing paths. About 15 min later, they were swimming together in the tank. The mis bar, is already doing the mating seizure dance near the orange clown. Is it normal for clowns to pair up that fast? I have been stressing for 2 days about adding this fish because I was afraid they would fight. I am really happy to see them getting along.

JLAURENCE32
04-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Exactly what mine did. Now if they would just host my frogspawn.

liriel
04-01-2009, 07:51 AM
Aww I'm so glad to hear the misbar took to your other clown so quick. That's so awesome. With clowns I think a lot of things just "click" and happen fast. My maroon took an hour to host her anemones, and our black o's took about 20 seconds to host their brain. If it works, it works. Love at first sight or something.

The leaf fish is looking great. I hope he converts to frozen easy. I'll have to take some pics when he's out a little more. He looks rad against the purple sand ;)

JLAURENCE32
04-01-2009, 09:32 AM
The leaf fish is looking great. I hope he converts to frozen easy. I'll have to take some pics when he's out a little more. He looks rad against the purple sand ;)

Have you seen him eating live food, Judi?

notchback5.0
04-01-2009, 10:01 AM
I saw him eat live food at SeaScapes.

liriel
04-01-2009, 11:24 AM
I missed both of his live feedings but he's eating mollys. He ate them both immediatly with no hesitation Sage said he wasn't convinced the silverside head was food, but he reacted favorably to krill. He just didn't eat it because she offered it to him in a net, which he was leary of. He is eating so readily that he should be able to be tricked with a feeding probe and wiggling krill. If not, we'll start breeding mollys or something and he and the lion will just eat live. I'll take some pictures later and let you know how the frozen goes in a few days.