PDA

View Full Version : sedra 3500

Sneezy
03-02-2009, 10:38 AM
do you think this would be a good replacement for this skimmer?

http://tinyurl.com/czo59u

i have run into some issues with the stock pump.

Sneezy
03-02-2009, 10:51 AM
why is it i cant find out any real info on these pumps?

Sneezy
03-07-2009, 01:24 PM
ok i noticed that the pump that came with the vertex skimmer is rated at 590 gph (but i have heard that the resun pumps are junk and are highly over rated when it comes to being accurate)

with a sedra 3500 would i need to modify the skimmer to make it run properly since the sedra is rated so much less then the resun pump?

any help would be appreciated ( i am needing to find another pump for this skimmer)

or can anyone recommend another pump that would work well as a replacement.

mrliriel
03-07-2009, 01:27 PM
I like Sedras and Ocean Runners personally. Sicce is another good submersable needle wheel. You may have to mod it to make it fit but otherwise it should work just fine.

mrliriel
03-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Reef Octopus is another good submersable needlewheel.

Sneezy
03-07-2009, 01:38 PM
thanks for the info jessie, i happen to have an ocean running pump with the needlewheel in the bedroom i will see what i can do to make it work.

i didnt even think about trying that one out

Huhhhhh
03-07-2009, 01:41 PM
(but i have heard that the resun pumps are junk and are highly over rated when it comes to being accurate)

I had bought three of the Resun pumpw with the built in wave controller and they all craped out after a year or so. It was a great Idea I thought just your typical chineeeeeese junk in the long run.

I'd like to see the idea implemented in more of the not so expensive better quality powerheads out there.

Sneezy
03-07-2009, 01:43 PM
i see that the ocean runner is rated at 625 gph do you think that will have any adverse effects on how the skimmer will work? or will it make it more effective?

Sneezy
03-07-2009, 01:44 PM
I had bought three of the Resun pumpw with the built in wave controller and they all craped out after a year or so. It was a great Idea I thought just your typical chineeeeeese junk in the long run.

I'd like to see the idea implemented in more of the not so expensive better quality powerheads out there.

yeah tim that are just chinese junk, marine depot sent me out 2 replacements and i have had problems with them.

I really like the vertex skimmer but damn those pumps suck monkey balls

mrliriel
03-07-2009, 02:08 PM
i see that the ocean runner is rated at 625 gph do you think that will have any adverse effects on how the skimmer will work? or will it make it more effective? It may or may not, hard to tell. I doubt it though, its not like your putting a Reeflo Orca on it or something. If you have any adverse reactions you can always consider putting a ball valve on the intake. I don't think you will though I think it will work as good or better than the last pump.

Sneezy
03-07-2009, 02:18 PM
anything will work better then the last pump LOL. the damn impeller kept sticking and it seems that the flow output changed every day somedays it would work great and other days it would just move water through with very little movement and bubbles (i checked the venturi and it was clean and the air line was always clean also)

I pulled out the ocean runner and it doesnt like like it is going to be an easy fit i am going to have to do some plumbing to make it work k(as right now i dont have the energy nor the funds to make that happen).

i will post some pictures when i get around to making this work though

mrliriel
03-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Two words brother... flexable hose. I understand though I have felt like hammered **** all week so motivation factor right now is -1.

Sneezy
03-07-2009, 02:49 PM
great idea jessie flexi hose will make life so much easier i didnt even think about that.

yeah my motivation factor is like -10 i have been running a 100 + fever since sunday night early monday morning :|

tylenol only helps so much, but the cold showers have been helping