PDA

View Full Version : fish list see problems??

bandr1002
02-14-2009, 12:29 AM
so i now have a 75 up and running and in about a month or so i am going to be putting in the fish. i have about 125 pounds LR and the reef is almost complete. (MINUS- my filler zoas)

here is the list i am wanting, i am wondering if they are going to work out
i need some opinions, so take advantage of the freedom of speech thing.

1 yellow tang
1 blue jaw trigger
1 rusty angel
1 ocellaris misbared clown
1 flasher wrasse
1 exquisite wrasse
1 bar goby

if i can swing it i would also like to put a Kole tang, or a sailfin in wdyt??

liriel
02-14-2009, 08:52 AM
Sailfins can grow up to fiften (15) inches. The minimum tank size for adults is 100 gallons. I wouldn't recommend one of those unless you're willing to part with him when he grows up. The kole tang looks like a better fit. It gets to seven inches and requires a minimum of 55 gallons.

Like all angels, "It is possible to keep the Rusty Angel in reefs since most don't harm the corals, but you must keep an eye out for problems since the Rusty Angelfish can turn destructive." So that's kind of a risk that's up to you.

I'm thinking there will be an issue with the bar goby and trigger, as in goby snacky treat, but since I've never owned a trigger I can't really say. I didn't realize this one stayed so small... From what I've heard they like to eat your clean up crew, so no fancy shrimp or anything would be possible.

Huhhhhh
02-14-2009, 10:11 AM
I would also put in all your tangs at the same time. That's the only way they'll tolerate each other.

bandr1002
02-14-2009, 02:07 PM
i have owned a rusty angel in the past and had no trouble with the reef for it, i am aware of the "caution" that they have. as for the trigger, i have had one of these before as well, my concern is the trigger and tang combo. i have not had tangs in the past and am a bit concerned with the blue jaw living with a kole and yt. has anyone done this combo before?? how did they get along? and in what order should i put the fish in? tangs first, then later add the trigger?? wdyt

Alcedok9
02-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Our tangs and blue jaw get along just fine. :thumbsup:

My only concern would be the length of your tank. The Blue jaw seems to really like the cruising room of a 6 foot tank. He uses the top part of the tank and swims from side to side, using the entire 6 ft length and if he is around the rocks its to use the holes to swim to the back of the tank where we have open swim room.

He is a big eater and will eat everything offered. He really enjoys the algae we give to the tangs everyday in a algae clip.

JLAURENCE32
02-15-2009, 10:34 PM
The tang, trigger and angel might be pushing it in a 75. I might just try only two of them. If you put all three in around the same time frame it might work. If you had two for a long time then added the third, it would probably be some claustrophobic fighting.

nur.dls
02-15-2009, 11:03 PM
I have a pair of blue jaw twigges for about three weeks now, I also have quite a few tangs, I also have a 180, however my twiggers are wonderful, they do not bother anything and get along with everyone.

bandr1002
02-16-2009, 05:56 PM
thank you all for the input, i may skip on the rusty, and just go with the purple tang and maybe the trig. still not sure if the trig will be in the mix though.