PDA

View Full Version : ati bubble master skimmers?

nesto719
02-04-2009, 10:34 PM
well guys i have been thinking alot about what to do when i upgrade my skimmer. i like the asm brand , but these skimmers from ati look promising. so does anyone have experience with them? also ati claims that their 160 is rated for 140 gallons or 100 gallons heavely stocked, and the 200 is rated for 250 gallons. as of now i have 2 clowns small 1 yellow tang small 1 damsel small and i feed flake food. now eventually i want this thing stocked as much as i can. i just dont want to overskim and pull out all the necessary nutrients to having the best of both worlds sps and lots of fish. i was gonna get a g-2 or try to see if i can fit a g-3 (limited space) or should i save my penny's and get a ati skimmer. your thoughts?

ZenMan
02-05-2009, 10:23 AM
I had an ATI Bubble Master 250. Didn't like it, the pumps would constantly stall, and overall was a pain in the ***.

I also had an ASM G4 and it isn't in the same league as a Reeflo. Spend a few extra dollars for the best skimmer you can afford and you will save a lot of headaches later.

Go for a Reeflo 200 or 250, those are great skimmers.