PDA

View Full Version : Pump for Skimmer - Sedra 3500

keri
01-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Ok so I got the replacement pump (Sedra 3500) for my skimmer. It doesnt appear to have the needle wheel impeller. I hooked it up and it is running but really not producing enough bubbles. It doesn't seem to be sucking in enough air through the hose.

Is the needle wheel necessary for this pump? If so, what exactly does the needle wheel do? They are an additional $35 but if will make the difference, I'll go and get it.

Here is the pump I got: http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~category~ASM_Protein_Skimmer_Sedra_350 0_Replacement_Pump_Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies_Pro tein_Skimmers_Replacement_Parts_ASM_Parts~vendor~A ll_Seas_Marine_(ASM)~SearchStr~~action~view~idProd uct~AG1633~idCategory~FIPSRPAP.html

Here is the needle wheel: http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~idProduct~AG1663.html

I assume that when purchasing the ASM Skimmer, the pump comes with the needle wheel? I can't find anything that discusses this.

Thanks,
Keri

mrliriel
01-23-2009, 09:50 PM
The needle wheel chops up the bubbles into smaller bubbles. Yes the ASM skimmers always come with a needle wheel. In-fact the sedra sold on most sites come with a needle wheel. Did the pump come with the venturi and the air hose?

keri
01-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Yes it did, but looking into the pump, I don't see the needle wheel only the original impeller. :(

Pastor Tad
01-23-2009, 10:05 PM
So I happen to have an extra if that would help you out. It has been mesh modded for your bubbling pleasure. LMK if you want it I should be comming back up to Springs this coming Monday, I could drop it off.

racer69
01-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Jessie is right, they only run with a needle wheel impeler. You can do what is called a mesh-mod which will chop the bubbles up more.

racer69
01-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Tad, is that the one I modded? What are you using on your asm? Keri, if he is getting rid of that impeler, you should get it.

keri
01-23-2009, 10:08 PM
I'll take it!! Wow, thanks I almost just put the order into Marine Depot. Do you want anything for it?? Any time is great for me. You won't make it to the meeting tomorrow huh?

Pastor Tad
01-24-2009, 11:27 AM
I wish I could make it to the meeting unfortunately I cannot. I got work today at the church. So um yeah I'll be up Monday afternoon and I'll try to drop it by before class. Nope I don't want anything except the good feeling of knowing I helped someone out.

Todd- Yeah one and the same. I am gonna make my own mesh mod just because LOL. I want the experience and it's doesn't look to hard.

keri
01-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Sweet, I work until about 4:30 (near World Arena) and live in the northwest (Flying W and Centennial, a little west of Rockrimmon. I would be happy to meet you any place that is convenient. Just name the place and time.

Thanks again! You saved me about $40.

Pastor Tad
01-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Sweet, I work until about 4:30 (near World Arena) and live in the northwest (Flying W and Centennial, a little west of Rockrimmon. I would be happy to meet you any place that is convenient. Just name the place and time.

Thanks again! You saved me about $40.

Well worth every free penny for me to do so. LOL. Ummm I should be up about 430-5 and I go to NBC which is right off of Academy and 24 E. So I could totally meet you somewhere just tell me when and where.

keri
01-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Cool how about 4:30 right off of Platte? Is that 24 on that side of the highway?? There is a shopping plaza there with an Olive Garden and also a Petsmart I think. Let me know, I am flexible.