PDA

View Full Version : Wehre to buy frozen foods?

Oberst Hajj
08-10-2017, 07:58 AM
Do any of the LFS have a decent selection of frozen foods? I've got some clowns in my display tank that eat PE pellets just fine. I recently picked up a lemonpeel angel (in QT right now) and it does not seem like the PE pellets. I have some raw shrimp, should I try a small piece of that?

Thanks,
Keith

notchback5.0
08-10-2017, 08:06 AM
Seascape Aquatics is where i have gotten most of my food. You can also get it at Petco. They sell saltwater fish and sell frozen food.

Oberst Hajj
08-10-2017, 08:37 AM
Thanks. I saw the frozen food at PetCo, was just not show how good it was.

notchback5.0
08-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Thanks. I saw the frozen food at PetCo, was just not show how good it was.
It is fine for my fish. My leopard wrasse loves the Cyclops i got at Seascapes so much it stimulates a feeding response and it eats anything else added with it. The brand I have been getting is San Francisco Bay. Its sold at Petco and at Seascapes but seascapes seems to have a better selection. I know Pidaz (sponsor on here) sells some specialty food. Ive got a starry blenny that wont eat prepared foods and im going to try something he offers to see if I can get him eating.

JimG
08-10-2017, 02:50 PM
I have LRS food arriving again next week with Pidaz, and we sell reef nutrition as well. If you need anything let me know.

Oberst Hajj
08-10-2017, 03:32 PM
It is fine for my fish. My leopard wrasse loves the Cyclops i got at Seascapes so much it stimulates a feeding response and it eats anything else added with it. The brand I have been getting is San Francisco Bay. Its sold at Petco and at Seascapes but seascapes seems to have a better selection. I know Pidaz (sponsor on here) sells some specialty food. Ive got a starry blenny that wont eat prepared foods and im going to try something he offers to see if I can get him eating.Thanks. I swung by Seascapes and picked up a multi pack to see what it might like.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Oberst Hajj
08-10-2017, 03:33 PM
I have LRS food arriving again next week with Pidaz, and we sell reef nutrition as well. If you need anything let me know.Hi Jim, do you have a store and if so, where is it located at?

marcslove
08-10-2017, 03:43 PM
i just ordered from bsd for less than $2.00 tray

Oberst Hajj
08-10-2017, 03:51 PM
The brand I have been getting is San Francisco Bay.

Do you thaw it out and rinse it before feeding?

JimG
08-10-2017, 04:08 PM
Hi Jim, do you have a store and if so, where is it located at?

We don't have a traditional storefront yet, but it's in the works still. We do most everything online, but we do offer local pickup at our tank warehouses off garden of the gods. We deal with Reef Nutrition and LRS because they are the best quality foods out there, and they require absolutely no rinsing. Not the cheapest food in the world by any stretch of the imagination, but it's largely regarded as the best stuff out there by a large part of the reefing community. If you need anything let me know.

Oberst Hajj
08-10-2017, 05:10 PM
If you need anything let me know.

Ill do some research on those and let you know. I like to support local when I can.

notchback5.0
08-11-2017, 04:32 AM
Do you thaw it out and rinse it before feeding?

I typically use a razor blade and cut 1/8 of a cube from usually 2 different types of cubes thaw that for a few minutes, set my pumps for feeding and then pour it directly into the display. I should be rinsing it to reduce phosphates but I havent been doing it since I minimize the amount I feed. .

Oberst Hajj
08-16-2017, 05:41 AM
I have LRS food arriving again next week with Pidaz, and we sell reef nutrition as well. If you need anything let me know.Did your LRS food come in?

PidazExplorer
08-16-2017, 12:31 PM
It comes in tomorrow. I'll send you a pm.