PDA

View Full Version : QT location?

Oberst Hajj
05-24-2017, 11:34 PM
I will be setting up my Quarintine Tanks (I plan on using the Tank Transfer Method) here in a few weeks and have a question about where to set them up at.

Location 1 is in the storage area in my basement where I mix my saltwater. Its quite with very little traffic and I can control the day/night light cycle easily. But I'm almost never in there for more than a few minutes so observations would be harder.

Location 2 is in my office. I'm on there for most of the evenings after work and my wife spends a lot of time in there during the day. The kids also come in and out. Its good for observing, but the day/night cycle would be a lot more chaotic.

Which location would be best?

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

static reef
05-24-2017, 11:37 PM
I would say that observation is more important than day and night. If your really worried about it, just throw a blanket over the tank

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Oberst Hajj
05-24-2017, 11:41 PM
I would say that observation is more important than day and night. If your really worried about it, just throw a blanket over the tank

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Good idea with the towel. My concern is just the extra stress of me turning on the lights for an hour at 4am and then going dark again until the rest of the house wakes up. But a towel should solve that.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk