PDA

View Full Version : Rules and Regs

maxthedog2000
03-15-2017, 04:47 PM
I'm thinking it would be fun to plan a weekend trip to San Diego. Is there anything to collect from tide pools and such while I'm there I can bring back for a tank. Any one know the rules regarding such a thing?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Joe
03-15-2017, 05:15 PM
Not sure of the rules, but the water temp is low enough it might be difficult to get things to acclimate back here into your tank. There are plenty of tide pools to check out in La Jolla for sure though. Lots of big green nems, an occasional lobster, I've seen an octopus. Seals hangout there too.

Kirblit
03-15-2017, 05:56 PM
Yeah that water temp would be too cold for our tanks. I think most California Ocean water is in the 50's.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

moerena
03-15-2017, 07:04 PM
Yeah stuff wont make it, water is definitely to cold. I use to collect margarita snails when I was out there and they worked for feeding my puffer but wouldn't last to many days in the tank.

karlinkelly
03-15-2017, 07:23 PM
I hear a seal is a perfect addition to any reef tank.

maxthedog2000
03-15-2017, 08:21 PM
Yeah that water temp would be too cold for our tanks. I think most California Ocean water is in the 50's.

Yeah good point... See that's why I put my loony ideas here then you all can talk sense in to me lol. Thanks

maxthedog2000
03-15-2017, 08:22 PM
I hear a seal is a perfect addition to any reef tank.
I'll be sure to bring one back for you! Lol

Kirblit
03-15-2017, 09:04 PM
Yeah good point... See that's why I put my loony ideas here then you all can talk sense in to me lol. Thanks

You never know unless you ask right. Just go hop in the water and see how it feels lol. I don't think your looney for wanting to do it. There are actually a lot of cool coldwater tanks online that people have done.

sweat044
03-16-2017, 10:17 AM
I was there a couple years ago. Coronado beach Island. Something to that affect. The water is cold but I was in it. We found shells and such but as everyone has stated the water is very cold and the animals wouldn't last in our aquariums. Well worth the visit though.

moerena
03-16-2017, 01:50 PM
Coronado islands has some nice beaches. If you have base access you can go to the private beach. There is also the beach right off the 8 freeway. Near sea world. Depends what part of town your going to. If you wan to check out some stores. In El Cajon you have bets pets. Love the workers there. You also have aqua Sd and pet kingdom in Sd.