PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for picking up dry rock to build rock wall near or in the springs

alleny87
12-20-2016, 05:36 PM
Looking for any recommendations on where to pick up some good looking dry rock. I dont need much i have a 100ga system thats like 8 months old now and id like to add a rock wall to the back part of the tank that seems kinda of bare/empty. Haven been to much of the LFS, setup my tank with live rock i got from a buddy who had picked up a bunch of it from someone who shut theirs down, he cycled it and then i moved it over to cycle in my tank along with more of the dry rock leftover from that tank, but now I would like to build up that back walls some Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thinking of maybe doing the foam wall instrucatable from R2R (http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/foam-wall-instructable-a-full-how-to-step-by-step-guide.276242/), but more rock could always be beneficial to my tank.

Joe
12-20-2016, 06:25 PM
I've been happy with the black pond foam. Whatever you do, don't follow any thread that uses hydraulic cement. I had that fail completely.