PDA

View Full Version : Jebao RW-15 wavemaker issues

duprst
10-13-2016, 08:41 AM
Does anyone know how long the warranty on the Jebao RW-15 wave makers is good for? I got mine off amazon less than a year ago and it stopped working about 3 months ago. Is there anything I can do about it or am I stuck buying another one instead?

HBL
10-13-2016, 10:08 AM
I don't believe Jebao has any type of warranty, of if they do you might have to ship the pump back to China which might cost the same as buying a new one. You can check with the company that you bought off from Amazon because they might provide some type of warranty for the product they sell but it is highly unlikely.

I have ran a few Jebao pumps and they are great pumps when they are working right and holding up. I have a few of them that fail within a few months. When this happened, first, I checked if the motor is still running or not in a couple ways. One is to listen for slight humming noise when plug in, or the other method would be using a pen to move the propeller slightly in the opposite direction, if you feel some resistant then the motor could still be functional. If the motor seems to be working, then I would try my best to take the pump apart as much as i can, without forcefully breaking parts, and give it a 50/50 vinegar/water bath for a few hours. Out of the few fail pumps, I was able to make two of them work again and while toss the rest away.

ddwmedic
10-13-2016, 10:24 AM
Would you recommend replacing it with an EcoTech Marine VorTech MP10wQD or a Maxspect XF230 Gyre Generator Flow Pump

Bpfish
10-13-2016, 10:42 AM
My rw15 failed 3 months in and I had no warranty options. Ended up going with an mp10. I figured I'd spend the extra money for something with a better chance of lasting.

Sent from my LG-H901

turbojoe
10-13-2016, 12:55 PM
I've been through enough jabeo pumps that I won't buy anymore. Find a good deal on a used vortech.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Joe
10-13-2016, 07:07 PM
I had a Maxspect Gyre that was not good, and Ecotech MP pumps that were loud pieces of crap. I've had great luck with Jaebo overall. Right now I have Neptune WAV and they are quieter and seem to be more reliable than anything else I've had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddwmedic
10-13-2016, 08:50 PM
I'll have to check them out...
That would mean I have to purchase a controller (Apex)... and I've already blown the budget LOL

hooked
10-13-2016, 09:23 PM
I buy tunze pumps. Never had one go bad 7 yrs running now. If you can afford them, you can't go wrong.

maxthedog2000
10-14-2016, 06:12 PM
I'll have to check them out...
That would mean I have to purchase a controller (Apex)... and I've already blown the budget LOL
Budget? Is there such a thing when you are in this hobby? LOL

Carter