PDA

View Full Version : Salt! I know, an old topic!

OceanView
09-09-2016, 10:36 AM
So, I'm finally on my last bucket of Omega! I know some of you who ordered this one were not happy with it because it didn't mix up as well as the aquamedic and left some sludge. However, even though the brown sludge was a bit annoying, my tank did really well with this salt! Didn't have to dose mag even once! So, if Omega is too pricey for a per bucket price cause ordering a pallet for my lonely self would not make much sense - what salt should I switch to???

Coral Xpressions
09-09-2016, 10:39 AM
I switched to seachem reef. Mostly because it's what I can regularly get and am happy as can be now. Numbers for alk. And cal are 7 dkh and 480. They've tested consistently between batches of what I've brought in thus far

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

719bloodhound
09-09-2016, 12:11 PM
using reef crystal right now but I think I am going to try the coralife salt this new time around

scrumpto
09-09-2016, 04:40 PM
using reef crystal right now but I think I am going to try the coralife salt this new time around

I've used Instant Ocean for over 18 years now and have tried a few others but always come back to it. I won four buckets of Reef Crystals at Macna denver and hated the stuff. It left a nasty brown sediment all over my mixing barrel, pump and heater and I noticed zero improvement in my tanks. I tried Red Sea Fish Pharm Coral Pro Marine Salt (nice short name!) and again noticed no difference in my tanks so I've gone back to Instant Ocean. It just works for me and with 18 years of experience with it -- I know it's reliable batch after batch.