PDA

View Full Version : Vertex Cerebra Controller pre-order

Levi
07-28-2016, 08:22 PM
http://www.aquacave.com/vertex-cerebra-prima-aquarium-controller.html?fee=1&fep=5943&gclid=Cj0KEQjw2ua8BRDeusOkl5qth4QBEiQA8BpQcAtBfumO q4eSlTAipqXn1tg-kNPHdZ9xHhMI9DFHdUAaAvVs8P8HAQ

Anyone seen this or the reviews? Looks amazing especially for $379 as pre order price. No need for salinity module or par module, all included in the head unit. Just need to buy the probes and par meter to hook up to it.

Also BRS did an awesome review of how easy it is to program. Looks like an Apex killer for sure, apex really needs to step up their game.

Just_Tim
07-29-2016, 06:46 AM
Yes and have been giving it serious thought. Even though this is the beta I know it'll be $700 later.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Joe
07-29-2016, 10:56 AM
It looks good, but there are still some price points to consider. If you want ORP, Salinity, and PH, figure in another $250 or so to the price. 6 outlets may be enough for some people, but figure in at least one other bar for most people. I'm running three 8 outlet energy bars on my tank.

There are some things I really like about the simplicity with this. It will certainly help push ease of use farther than it has been in the past. I love competition in the market place. Just like Jaebo made others step up their game.

I just bought the new Apex not long ago and it was one of the ones that had the bad memory card, so they are shipping a replacement. I considered sending it back and looked hard at the Vertex. Ultimately I decided to stick with the Apex. Programming it is much easier with the new one, and the manual is interactive online to set it up, so there isn't as big of a jump as the review makes it look, and I already know how to do it all. By the time I added salinity, ph, ORP, extra power bars, replaced dosers and powerheads, I'd be more out of pocket even with the beta release pricing. I have the DOS and WAV pumps which I really like a lot. I also got 10% cash back when I bought the new Apex, and I've already spent it!

Balz3352
07-29-2016, 11:53 AM
I personally am not a huge fan of being a beta tester when I have a lot on the line. Such as thousands of dollars in coral fish etc. Ill let this go to v2 before considering but I will say it did cross my mind for sure.

Joe
07-29-2016, 02:54 PM
I personally am not a huge fan of being a beta tester when I have a lot on the line. Such as thousands of dollars in coral fish etc. Ill let this go to v2 before considering but I will say it did cross my mind for sure.

Great point. This was also something I considered. I was little surprised at how many direct shots BRS fired at Neptune in the video and it makes me wonder if that guy has stock in Vertex. Having thousands of users and a very large support network for an established system is pretty important to me.

charleshardy5
07-29-2016, 08:06 PM
Plus look at how bulky the control box is... turn off for me. I like the slim design if the apex or reefkeeper control units

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

Levi
07-31-2016, 07:18 PM
Not beta but ok. The first people to order the new apex were just as much beta testers as the people that order the vertex.

It doesn't come with the probes but already has the ports.

It will be interesting to see how apex steps it up on the user interface to keep pace.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Levi
07-31-2016, 07:19 PM
Great point. This was also something I considered. I was little surprised at how many direct shots BRS fired at Neptune in the video and it makes me wonder if that guy has stock in Vertex. Having thousands of users and a very large support network for an established system is pretty important to me.
BRS is a huge vertex fan. All of their test systems are made by vertex, and their vertex skimmer video talks about how much they like vertex over other skimmers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Joe
07-31-2016, 08:04 PM
I'd like a vertex skimmer!

I_Made_You_Read_This
11-26-2016, 09:00 PM
Did anybody get one of these? I was wondering if the cloud was up yet?