PDA

View Full Version : Scmas

Alexander.Africa
07-16-2016, 07:43 PM
I just want to thank SCMAS and everyone from the monthly gathering today. You all were so welcoming and AWESOME! Thank you for having my family, we had the best time meeting you all great people. Looking forward to the next one, definitely had a great time and phenomenal raffle prices. Thank you JJ for hosting, it was great meeting your family and seeing your amazing system and tank.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

static reef
07-17-2016, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the kind words. Allow me to be the first to:

Welcome you to stupid fish dieing, empty bank accounts, the pride of being a reef geek, flooded basements, tank moves on saturdays, diamond bladed band saws, bulkhead theory, t5 vs led vs mh discussions at 2 AM when you cant sleep and the horrible aspects of gravity.

Welcome to kids throwing crayons in sumps, DIY, bored wives at monthly meetings, carpools to Denver, group discounts and lemon bars.

Welcome to everyone else's opinions being the right one based off of their experiences, overnight shipping charges, craigslist searches as far as kansas city, scratched acrylic, moving out of state fire sales, and the "I have never seen that in that color so I have to have it" mentality.

Welcome to fish tank text messages (WTF?), ph swings, stupid fish dieng for no reason, full tank raffles, the correct understanding of Dory, ICH, drilling wholes in glass, and the science behind DSBs.

Welcome to Doyle building anything you can imagine, Amber's look of death, Murfman's links to knowledge, members without tanks, learning from 12 year old reefers, gph vs head pressure, Xmas meeting awards and proper daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi annual and annual husbandry checklists.

Welcome to "hey bro, can I borrow your truck?", potlucks, DBTC program, impulse buying, Angels of America's Fallen, FOWLR vs reef tanks and the 10th failed attempt to harness both in one tank, and stupid fish dieng for no reason.

Most importantly, welcome to the family.

sweat044
07-17-2016, 09:21 AM
Great summary

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hooked
07-17-2016, 09:23 AM

Welcome you to stupid fish dieing, empty bank accounts, the pride of being a reef geek, flooded basements, tank moves on saturdays, diamond bladed band saws, bulkhead theory, t5 vs led vs mh discussions at 2 AM when you cant sleep and the horrible aspects of gravity.

Welcome to kids throwing crayons in sumps, DIY, bored wives at monthly meetings, carpools to Denver, group discounts and lemon bars.

Welcome to everyone else's opinions being the right one based off of their experiences, overnight shipping charges, craigslist searches as far as kansas city, scratched acrylic, moving out of state fire sales, and the "I have never seen that in that color so I have to have it" mentality.

Welcome to fish tank text messages (WTF?), ph swings, stupid fish dieng for no reason, full tank raffles, the correct understanding of Dory, ICH, drilling wholes in glass, and the science behind DSBs.

Welcome to Doyle building anything you can imagine, Amber's look of death, Murfman's links to knowledge, members without tanks, learning from 12 year old reefers, gph vs head pressure, Xmas meeting awards and proper daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi annual and annual husbandry checklists.

Welcome to "hey bro, can I borrow your truck?", potlucks, DBTC program, impulse buying, Angels of America's Fallen, FOWLR vs reef tanks and the 10th failed attempt to harness both in one tank, and stupid fish dieng for no reason.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The group should also be known as "aquarists anonymous".

charleshardy5
07-17-2016, 12:58 PM

Forgot Levi's wiki links

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

Alexander.Africa
07-17-2016, 04:39 PM

Again thank you so much for the heads-up and warm welcome to the SCMAS family. Experienced fish jumping, fish and Corals dying. Still got a lot to learn and I'm really glad to have the group that's more than willing to share knowledge and help. Looking forward to what the hobby experience would bring, but not excited about the empty bank account, getting there. See you all at the next one. We appreciate you all.

TheGreat1

JMEYER0503
07-19-2016, 04:23 AM

Great Summary - Especially the fish dying for now reason stated repeatedly. Good news is if we need to feel successful we can setup a freshwater in a day knowing we cannot screw that up.

Welcome Alex,
Hopefully your coral is doing well and it was nice meeting you.

Murfman
07-19-2016, 05:42 AM

JJ fish die?

static reef
07-19-2016, 10:04 PM
For no reason

Alexander.Africa
07-22-2016, 10:07 PM
For no reason
Another fish died, for no reason.

TheGreat1