PDA

View Full Version : New 125 Gallon suggestions needed

Alexander.Africa
07-06-2016, 03:54 PM
I have a 55 gallon with life fish, rocks, lps and sps corals that runs on the over the back filters, led lighting with a UV.

Starting another tank for the office room at 125 gallons. Need equipment suggestions with filters, sump and lighting.

If you have extra equipment you've been wanting to sell, send me specs, pictures and price.

All info and help would be appreciated. Thank you all.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

static reef
07-06-2016, 08:11 PM
Largest sump you can find that will fit underneath. Try and pick your filtration before you pick your sump. Alot of people sacrifice quality equipment because it wont fit inside their sump.

My recommendation for equupment:
Titanium heaters x2 (one for a backup, set one degree lower then your desired outcome), reef octopus skimmer, reeflo or dolphom return pump, swc bio pellet reactor, gravity fed ato, hooked (club president) custom led lights).

Just_Tim
07-06-2016, 08:28 PM
How tall is your 125 stand? That's going to be a major factor in what skimmer you can use. I second the use of a reef octopus.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Alexander.Africa
07-06-2016, 11:08 PM
How tall is your 125 stand? That's going to be a major factor in what skimmer you can use. I second the use of a reef octopus.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
The stand is 72 by 35. Thanks for the recommendations.

Alexander.Africa
07-06-2016, 11:09 PM
Largest sump you can find that will fit underneath. Try and pick your filtration before you pick your sump. Alot of people sacrifice quality equipment because it wont fit inside their sump.

My recommendation for equupment:
Titanium heaters x2 (one for a backup, set one degree lower then your desired outcome), reef octopus skimmer, reeflo or dolphom return pump, swc bio pellet reactor, gravity fed ato, hooked (club president) custom led lights).
Thank you for the input, I will get with hooked for custom lighting.