PDA

View Full Version : 30g Cube stocklist

ShakingHorizons
06-23-2016, 07:56 PM
Recently picked up a 30g rimless tank with 29g sump.

I have two fish picked out already, but need advice for a third.

Antennata or Dwarf/Zebra Lionfish along with a Splendid Dottyback.

I have had lionfish in the past and absolutely love them.

The tank is rimless, so I'm looking for a non-jumper, and would prefer lots of color and a aggressive/semi-aggressive temperament.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

static reef
06-23-2016, 09:16 PM
Not sure if I would recommend a lionfish in a 30 gallon with a min recommended tank size of 50 gallons to be honest. There are a lot of really neat smaller fish that you could choose and there are a ton of neat and attractive options for you to cover the top of your rimless tank and keep the sleek look.

ShakingHorizons
06-24-2016, 07:20 AM
Not sure if I would recommend a lionfish in a 30 gallon with a min recommended tank size of 50 gallons to be honest. There are a lot of really neat smaller fish that you could choose and there are a ton of neat and attractive options for you to cover the top of your rimless tank and keep the sleek look.

Depends on which website you reference - some say 30, while others say 40.

Every top I have seen kills the rimless look I am going for - BUT, I am open to suggestions to keep the sleek look.

static reef
06-24-2016, 07:37 AM
Granted, I only looked at live aquaria however, your plan is still to place a 7-10" fish in a 2.5' tank. The one fish alone is a 1/3 of your tank not including rock.

Ill find you some pics for the top/lid

ShakingHorizons
06-24-2016, 08:07 AM
Granted, I only looked at live aquaria however, your plan is still to place a 7-10" fish in a 2.5' tank. The one fish alone is a 1/3 of your tank not including rock.

Ill find you some pics for the top/lid

Max size listed on any site I visit states 7" - but I completely understand your point.

I will change my scope of this tank to just a reef setup, and focus on a larger tank in the future to house potential non-reef safe fish (lionfish, emperor angel, etc).

ShakingHorizons
06-24-2016, 08:14 AM
There are a lot of really neat smaller fish that you could choose

Please expand on this as well. I am limited to searching live aquaria for options (other website suggestions are welcome!).

Haddonisreef
06-24-2016, 02:41 PM
Please expand on this as well. I am limited to searching live aquaria for options (other website suggestions are welcome!).

Being in the hobbie for 15 yrs think u would know what out there just saying! Come on Collin.....

Haddonisreef
06-24-2016, 02:49 PM
id make it a nem tank

ShakingHorizons
06-24-2016, 02:52 PM
Being in the hobbie for 15 yrs think u would know what out there just saying! Come on Colin.....

I have been out of the hobby for so long that I can only recall my favorites.

id make it a nem tank

Why does it not surprise me that you would suggest that, LOL. Oh Charlie!

Sharkboy99999
06-24-2016, 03:40 PM
I've seen some lids that sit. Inside that don't look to bad

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk