PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

maxthedog2000
03-23-2016, 02:59 AM
Thanks for all the help, ideas, and suggestions it's made this adventure much more fun and less stressful!

I have got my tank filled and rock work done, now trying to get a cycle completed and check water movement/circulation. I added some frozen food today to stay the cycle and check flow. What do you think?

https://youtu.be/xtjdmiNzWBo

I have 2 SunSun JVP-202B 3170 gph Dual Aquarium Wavemaker Powerhead with Magnet Clamp Base running, unfortunately the intensity cannot be increased it decreased but I think they get the job done. I would like to add the RW-15 wave maker in a random wave setting. Thoughts and suggestions?

GO....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

static reef
03-23-2016, 02:23 PM
From the video I would say that it is a little on the high side, but close enough not to worry about it. The eradict flow looks good. Should be sufficient for sps (after 3-6 months of your tank staying in acceptable ranges). Lps might react negatively.

Place an lps (when it's time) in the tank and watch its PE (polyp extension). That is the best way to tell if flow is to strong.

Coral Xpressions
03-23-2016, 02:35 PM
i think flow is perfect. doesn't look to one directional or constant. flow along the bottom looks great as well for your lower light corals

codeman01
03-23-2016, 02:43 PM
I'm diggin' the scape, nice job.

In my experience, the best way to cycle a tank is to add bacteria specifically designed for saltwater. I just go the "cheap" route with Drs. Foster and Smith brand. Just food for thought :)

Larrypueblo
03-23-2016, 04:34 PM
looks good like the rock work. looks like you have great water flow good as well good job!!