PDA

View Full Version : 6 gallon biocube DIY led conversion

Hydroid
03-06-2016, 09:35 PM
I'm thinking of using my 6 gallon jbj biocube to try my hand at doing my own leds

Have some questions for all the experts out there

1. How many? I've done some searches but can't find a simple equation to work this I.E. Watts/LEDs per gallon or square inches ect. ( going to attempt to keep some of the easier sps)

I'm thinking of using one or two of these depending on how many 3w LEDs I'd need they would be a great fit

http://m.ebay.com/itm/160mm-x-15mm-Aluminum-PCB-Circuit-Board-for-6-x-1W-3W-5W-LED-in-Series-/321452638399?nav=SEARCH

2. Spectrum- I prefer to be on the bluer side thinking only 1-2 white suggestions on Nm ratings and count would be appreciated

3. Drivers- what drivers do you like and have had success with? I'd like to keep this all in the lid if possible. And dimming is a must.

Thanks

Levi
03-06-2016, 11:31 PM
What type of dimming? Pwm or manual with a pot? Doyle makes some amazing drivers for pwm and may be able to make drivers for pots.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Hydroid
03-07-2016, 06:18 AM
Manual dimming for now but want to keep my options open for expansion down the road for a controller of some type cost is also an issue

Levi
03-07-2016, 06:26 AM
Bluefish mini would easily do everything you want and works with Hooked's drivers. That's what I am using

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Hydroid
03-07-2016, 01:52 PM
Just looked up that blue fish mini it's pretty cool do you think one would run all 3 Mars aqua that are on my DT not sure what drivers they use hooked is going to help my mod them down the road