PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new ATO

lsaint
12-20-2015, 06:20 PM
After having problems with my current ATO I am thinking of replacing it. Any recommendations out there! I am looking at the AutoAqua Smart ATO

Balz3352
12-20-2015, 06:26 PM
I love my tunze osmolator 3155. I love it so much I bought one for the new tank I'm building.

Sharkboy99999
12-20-2015, 06:47 PM
After having problems with my current ATO I am thinking of replacing it. Any recommendations out there! I am looking at the AutoAqua Smart ATO
I have the autoaqua smart ATO. Have had only one problem. The pump failed to turn on as I was gone only happened once. To fix it I just hit it. Besides that one time I have liked it

Just_Tim
12-20-2015, 06:58 PM
So the rest of us know, what unit was giving you problems.

I've had fair luck with the jbj but you do get what you pay for.

The smart ato requires that you keep the glass clean between the eyes so you don't get any failures.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Hydroid
12-20-2015, 08:28 PM
So the rest of us know, what unit was giving you problems.

I've had fair luck with the jbj but you do get what you pay for.

The smart ato requires that you keep the glass clean between the eyes so you don't get any failures.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I love my smart ato I've had mine over a year and no problems at all. Never had to clean the glass its a tight enough fit it doesn't get dirty. Optical is the way to go I always had problems with my mechanical float switches getting stuck with algea and debris. The DC pump it comes with is surprisingly powerful my ato tank is a 15 gallon barrel and it have no problems pumping from the bottom.

Coral Xpressions
12-20-2015, 09:25 PM
i've not had a single issue with my gravity fed from my RO drum, not entirely feasible up inside a stand but theres no electrical in the water and gravity doesn't stop when the power goes out

Murfman
12-21-2015, 10:59 AM
Avast Air pressure ATO. http://www.avastmarine.com/products/ato-kit

lsaint
12-21-2015, 11:26 AM
Avast Air pressure ATO. http://www.avastmarine.com/products/ato-kit
I really like that one

Levi
12-21-2015, 11:48 AM
I love my smart ato I've had mine over a year and no problems at all. Never had to clean the glass its a tight enough fit it doesn't get dirty. Optical is the way to go I always had problems with my mechanical float switches getting stuck with algea and debris. The DC pump it comes with is surprisingly powerful my ato tank is a 15 gallon barrel and it have no problems pumping from the bottom.

I have the smart ATO as well, had the wetside explode but CoralVue replaced it without pushback and shipped it 2 day air to me so was SUPER great customer support.

Murfman
12-21-2015, 01:13 PM
I really like that one

Have been using it for over 4 years with no issues. Hardest part is getting it set to right level you want, which takes a day or two.

lsaint
12-21-2015, 04:20 PM
Looking at the avast i dont think it will fit in my sump so i went with the smart ato

lsaint
12-22-2015, 10:29 PM
I have the smart ATO as well, had the wetside explode but CoralVue replaced it without pushback and shipped it 2 day air to me so was SUPER great customer support.

How far out does the dry side stick out?

Levi
12-22-2015, 11:35 PM
About 1.5"

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Levi
12-22-2015, 11:36 PM
take some silicone and wipe it around the seam on the Westside where the two plastic parts cover the magnet to prevent water from getting in and exploding the magnet.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk