PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

DrBoxedWine
11-24-2015, 02:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Richard and I've been in the hobby for about a year and a half now, with about 2 years in cichlids before that. I received suprise approval from the Mrs to change out my 75g for a 180g. I've been on MASC for a while, but for such a large tank I think I need to expand my search to The Springs as well. I looked through the classifieds, and there are a couple 180s that probably don't fit my needs... I'm hoping for a glass tank in good condition (had a 75 break on me a couple years ago, so I'm paranoid and won't really consider any tank that's been sitting in a garage that isn't climate controlled).

Anyway, I'd love to post a WTB ad. Does anyone know what I need to do to post in that section?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

penrosereefer
11-24-2015, 04:10 PM
Welcome to the club. I love 180s, one of my favorite footprints

xsocali
11-24-2015, 05:15 PM
I think you need 25 post.

DrBoxedWine
11-24-2015, 06:45 PM
Ahhh ok. Guess I'll have to just keep an eye on the ads!

ShankStripedLyretail
11-24-2015, 08:39 PM
Welcome to the madness! I hope you're wife knows what she's in for lol I'm sure you'll be bringing home something tank related once a week at the least. You can use your old 75 as a sump for the 180 if you're handy enough to build a new stand or if the stand you buy is able to house a 75.

Charles is selling his acrylic 180, stand and sump now (it is in the For Sale thread), but I'm not sure if you'll be able to see it.

http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showthread.php?19213-Acrylic-180g-stand-canopy-stuff

I also recently came across this ad, looking for a replacement for my quarantine tank. You've probably seen it... http://denver.craigslist.org/for/5309665074.html

There are quite a handful of members here who have 180s; as Adam has mentioned, they're a great footprint :) if you ever have any questions about the setup feel free to PM me when you hit that minimum post requirement!

sliver
11-26-2015, 07:59 AM
Welcome Richard!

coach
11-26-2015, 09:54 AM
Hello and happy Thanksgiving!

DrBoxedWine
11-30-2015, 09:29 AM
Thanks everyone! Currently my 75g is a royal pain to work on since I didn't know what I was doing when I set it up. The sump equipment is too crammed and maintenance is more difficult than it should be (so i'm not doing it as much as I should).

I've actually talked to Charles and I'm definitely interested in his setup. My ideal situation involves a stand that doesn't need to be refinished, so i'm sort of hesitant to go with his. Although I'm curious about acrylic, and this could be a good opportunity to try it out. I've had a tank break-in the living room, and I like the idea of acrylic being less likely to leak.

There's another 180 that just went up by Mikea. Not sure if he can't see my PMs or if he's just looking to sell it to a more active member (which I would understand). It's funny, Colorado Springs had been pretty active with 180s for sale lately. Denver? Not so much.

But thanks everyone, i'll keep posting to get over that 25 post minimum!

Murfman
11-30-2015, 09:35 AM
Mike can't see your PMs till you have 25 posts.

DrBoxedWine
11-30-2015, 10:18 AM
I don't know if this is appropriate or not... But if someone feels comfortable with shooting him my email, I'm really interested in some of his stuff (the tank, in particular, and maybe the sump) It's going to be hard for me to post 25 actually thoughtful posts quickly, lol. Richarddfrey@gmail.com I apologize for though if i'm breaking etiquette, though. I've been on MASC for a while, just new to the Springs forum.

Murfman
11-30-2015, 10:38 AM
I don't know if this is appropriate or not... But if someone feels comfortable with shooting him my email, I'm really interested in some of his stuff (the tank, in particular, and maybe the sump) It's going to be hard for me to post 25 actually thoughtful posts quickly, lol. Richarddfrey@gmail.com I apologize for though if i'm breaking etiquette, though. I've been on MASC for a while, just new to the Springs forum.

sent him your email

DrBoxedWine
11-30-2015, 10:59 AM
sent him your email
Thanks!!

Ehren
11-30-2015, 12:18 PM
Welcome to the club. Can't wait to follow your build thread. Any questions post them, you're sure to get some replies. Opinions are like aptasia, everyone them.

static reef
11-30-2015, 03:12 PM
welcome to the club. I am excited to see your hobby grow. Let us know if we can do anything to help you along the way.

Levi
11-30-2015, 03:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Richard and I've been in the hobby for about a year and a half now, with about 2 years in cichlids before that. I received suprise approval from the Mrs to change out my 75g for a 180g. I've been on MASC for a while, but for such a large tank I think I need to expand my search to The Springs as well. I looked through the classifieds, and there are a couple 180s that probably don't fit my needs... I'm hoping for a glass tank in good condition (had a 75 break on me a couple years ago, so I'm paranoid and won't really consider any tank that's been sitting in a garage that isn't climate controlled).

Anyway, I'd love to post a WTB ad. Does anyone know what I need to do to post in that section?

14 posts to go! Excited you have joined, already you are stirring up a great discussion and thats one of the best parts of being in a club is discussing how we all do things and learning new stuff! Thanks for joining the club and we look forward to seeing you at a meeting.

Coral Xpressions
11-30-2015, 08:03 PM
Welcome to the club. Can't wait to follow your build thread. Any questions post them, you're sure to get some replies. Opinions are like aptasia, everyone them.
I have zero aptasia fyi

Coral Xpressions
11-30-2015, 08:04 PM
Welcome Richard. What's your handle masc?

Levi
11-30-2015, 08:06 PM
I have zero aptasia fyi
Because you have peppermints everywhere even in your overflows lol

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Coral Xpressions
11-30-2015, 08:08 PM
Correction. He's in my return hole lol but yes my peps are the greatest

Levi
11-30-2015, 08:09 PM
Lol plumbing, there it covers everything

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Coral Xpressions
11-30-2015, 08:13 PM
My peps are in alot of ppls plumbing. So there's actually alot of ppl who don't have aptasia, but not the ones who get em from them ;)