PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Zimmsquad
11-20-2015, 01:39 AM
Hey guys I am looking to get back into the fish hobby, as it has been about a year and a half since my last tank broke during a move. I have been thinking about doing a saltwater setup with a biocube 29. I feel the biocube would work out well in my 2 bedroom apartment so I wouldn't really want to go larger than that. In addition, it looks like the lid is more sturdy than most, which is important because my cat probably would get into it otherwise.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/19/4785b5e614c42727d6730777cf01ec3c.jpg

Anywho, to start out, does anyone have any suggestions on other equipment and the cheapest place to buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coral Xpressions
11-20-2015, 01:50 AM
Bienvenudo. And welcome.

Craigslist is usually a great place to get relatively cheap equipment. Be sure to include denver amd pueblo in your search area.

Other than that here is really the next best place. Tons of equipment usually laying around in ppls garages

Just_Tim
11-20-2015, 08:32 AM
Welcome to our club. Also keep an eye on the Denver craigslist, there can usually be more to choose from up there.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

moerena
11-20-2015, 08:53 AM
Welcome to the club and welcome back to the hobby.

Murfman
11-20-2015, 09:39 AM
I have a biocube 29 as well. I love it. I don't use the cover though. (Flipped over in the garage and shattered the damn PC light bulb and then I broke the new on installing it) I use a Kessil light over it now.

Romebaby has some skimmers and equipment for a 29. You wont have pm privileges till you hit 25 posts though.

hooked
11-20-2015, 09:45 AM
Welcome to our group. As you will soon find out. We have some great members on here with years of experience. Look forward to seeing you at some meetings.

penrosereefer
11-20-2015, 10:19 AM
welcome to the club, our monthly meeting is tomorrow and is located in Canon City. We will be touring three members tanks including Coach, Lenny, and mine. We would love if you could make it down.

NightStar
11-20-2015, 10:49 AM
Welcome to the club! Like penrose said, this months meeting is this Saturday. It would be a great on for you because you'll get to see three setups and get ideas.

Zimmsquad
11-20-2015, 12:40 PM
Thank you for the welcomes.

Unfortunately, I do not think I'll be able to make it to the meeting tomorrow.

Zimmsquad
11-20-2015, 12:41 PM
I have a biocube 29 as well. I love it. I don't use the cover though. (Flipped over in the garage and shattered the damn PC light bulb and then I broke the new on installing it) I use a Kessil light over it now.

Romebaby has some skimmers and equipment for a 29. You wont have pm privileges till you hit 25 posts though.

Before your lid broke, would you say it was secure enough to keep a nosey cat from getting to the water?

ShankStripedLyretail
11-20-2015, 02:05 PM
Before your lid broke, would you say it was secure enough to keep a nosey cat from getting to the water?

Welcome to the madness!

Just wanna chime in on this, (if you don't mind) I don't know if the biocubes have changed their lids in seven years - I'd guess yes - but speaking from personal experience with the 14g, there's no way any of my 5 cats at the time could've gotten into the tank lol.

Levi
11-20-2015, 03:22 PM
nice socks

Levi
11-20-2015, 03:23 PM

I used to have a 29g biocube and yes the lid is more than sturdy enough to have the cat sleep on it or lay on it all the time. Would probably be too hot and uncomfortable for the cat but it would hold it.

static reef
11-21-2015, 08:24 AM
Welcome to the club. Always nice to have active and positive members. Looking forward to meeting you soon

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk