PDA

View Full Version : ReefBreeder photon W LEDs?

howard24
09-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Has anyone used the ReefBreeder Photon light. Im thinking about getting the 48". The company seems to get great reviews for customer service, they emailed me back same day with answers to all my questions.

Levi
09-13-2015, 02:49 AM
This is just a rebranded ever grow light with a different spectrum. It's still a rebranded Chinese led regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

89delta
09-13-2015, 10:52 AM
Downside is evergrow doesn't sell the 48" version..... I asked my sales rep a while back.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

howard24
09-13-2015, 12:03 PM
The 48" is $400 with wireless remote and fully programmable. Is it worth it or should I go another route. I really want the sunrise/sunset feature with full spectrum. I really like the idea of having more colors othere then white and blue.

Sharkboy99999
09-13-2015, 02:10 PM
The 48" is $400 with wireless remote and fully programmable. Is it worth it or should I go another route. I really want the sunrise/sunset feature with full spectrum. I really like the idea of having more colors othere then white and blue.
Sun rise and sun set is just for looks so I wouldnt go buying a fixture just because it has sunset\sunrise

howard24
09-13-2015, 02:24 PM
Well with it gradually coming on and going off I think would be better then 100% power all at once. My fish freak out for a second when they pop on and go off. My t5 fixtures has four that come on then an hour later the othe four and the same way when they go off. It is still a drastic change all at once. It really is a deal breaker for me if the light doesnt have it. As aesthetically pleasing as it may be I think there are benifit to it as well.

Levi
09-13-2015, 03:09 PM
Sunrise and sunset is a great feature. Does the ocean just have the lights at 100% or 0%? I think there are much better options than the reef breeders light. Might cost a little more but well worth it in the end. The ease of programming is not something I would say when describing reef reeder lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe
09-13-2015, 05:55 PM
I have reefbreeder photons and an evergrow. If you want to see them in action, you can come over. I'm plenty happy with them. My stuff grows like crazy. The 48 is not just a bigger version of the smaller ones though. It doesn't have the same outputI, it is less power out of a 48 than two 24s would be. I have three of the smaller ones (36?) over my tank. I have the 48 i used to use on another tank, and plan to put it on the same tank. Sunrise sunset modes seem to make a difference in breeding patterns of many things in my tank. Its a feature i would want for sure.

howard24
09-13-2015, 06:18 PM
I have reefbreeder photons and an evergrow. If you want to see them in action, you can come over. I'm plenty happy with them. My stuff grows like crazy. The 48 is not just a bigger version of the smaller ones though. It doesn't have the same outputI, it is less power out of a 48 than two 24s would be. I have three of the smaller ones (36?) over my tank. I have the 48 i used to use on another tank, and plan to put it on the same tank. Sunrise sunset modes seem to make a difference in breeding patterns of many things in my tank. Its a feature i would want for sure.
Id love to come by and check it out for sure. Just let me know when and where.

Joe
09-13-2015, 08:18 PM
PM sent. I bought some from Reefbreeders and one from 89Delta (Bubba's Guppies) locally.