PDA

View Full Version : Hidden gem?

Manchestercity
06-08-2015, 02:44 PM
Found this led on premium aquatics. Built in sunset/sunrise timer, thunderstorms. Can dim the different colors. And best part only 200 a light!
http://premiumaquatics.com/products/aqua-pro-micmol-color-led-aquarium-light.html
Anyone ever heard or use a Micmol light?

Murfman
06-08-2015, 03:58 PM
I think the AI Prime does the same thing for the same price.

Levi
06-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Personally I would pick the prime over this light although I do have to say this light is pretty cool. It uses high quality LEDS which is a big change from most chinese fixtures and has cool features. I would say you cannot go wrong really either way but I have never heard of that company and AI is pretty well trusted in the led light community.

xsocali
06-08-2015, 05:11 PM
I personally have no experience with either one of those lights but I did stay at a Motel 6 once.

89delta
06-08-2015, 05:37 PM
We could diy that cheaper...lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Levi
06-08-2015, 05:41 PM
I personally have no experience with either one of those lights but I did stay at a Motel 6 once.

no one asked about Motel 6 so I am compelled to ask how the stay was? I have never stayed at a hotel 6 but am capable of using google to look at reviews and based on the reviews the one here in the springs only got a 3.5 stars out of 5. I probably wouldnt stay here based on the reviews of others that have stayed.

https://www.google.com/search?q=motel+6+colorado+springs&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Thoughts Roy?

Manchestercity
06-08-2015, 05:48 PM
no one asked about Motel 6 so I am compelled to ask how the stay was? I have never stayed at a hotel 6 but am capable of using google to look at reviews and based on the reviews the one here in the springs only got a 3.5 stars out of 5. I probably wouldnt stay here based on the reviews of others that have stayed.

Thoughts Roy?

I'd recommend the super 8 off filmore, they have hourly rates! [emoji13]

Manchestercity
06-08-2015, 05:49 PM
We could diy that cheaper...lol

Where is everyone buying these diy kits? I've been searching rapidled.com and all the kits are nearly the same price as a manufactured light

89delta
06-08-2015, 05:52 PM
You can get LEDs and ldd-h drivers at satisleds.com. but the controller is something I would diy and program with sunrise/sunset effects as well as weather patterns and lightning.

89delta
06-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Oh and it wouldn't be Crees but China 3w LEDs....I never had an issue period running 24 over my 29 biocube......what size tank are you looking for?

Manchestercity
06-08-2015, 05:59 PM
You can get LEDs and ldd-h drivers at satisleds.com. but the controller is something I would diy and program with sunrise/sunset effects as well as weather patterns and lightning.

Okay so I checked them out and I see a 100w led multichip for 60$

Can you make a kessil like light with same controls for 200$ a piece?

Manchestercity
06-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Oh and it wouldn't be Crees but China 3w LEDs....I never had an issue period running 24 over my 29 biocube......what size tank are you looking for?

I really want two lights for my 90 that produce the dramatic shimmer that kessil offers but I can't afford 900$

89delta
06-08-2015, 06:01 PM
If you get the LEDs and drivers I can use the diy controller to control the lighting signal on all of them.....I can do 6-channel cheap and a 16-channel as well but for about $35 more in parts

89delta
06-08-2015, 06:04 PM
So the 5-channel 100w chips you would need 2, ldd-h drivers 10x and a 48v power supply over 200w....as well as 2 heatsinks....cheaper to get at heatsinksusa.com

Manchestercity
06-08-2015, 06:12 PM
So the 5-channel 100w chips you would need 2, ldd-h drivers 10x and a 48v power supply over 200w....as well as 2 heatsinks....cheaper to get at heatsinksusa.com

How big are the drivers? The same size as the ones on laptop power cords?

89delta
06-08-2015, 06:16 PM
Drivers are about the width of a quarter and length is the size of two quarters..

Manchestercity
06-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Drivers are about the width of a quarter and length is the size of two quarters..

You might just become my new best friend!

89delta
06-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Lol...nice....

Sharkboy99999
06-08-2015, 06:21 PM
I once stayed at saint Regis in Hawaii we had a ****** Butler! Lol BTW off topic

Levi
06-08-2015, 06:39 PM
I'd recommend the super 8 off filmore, they have hourly rates! [emoji13]

OH MAN! I have to check this place out! Does it come with free bed bugs?

89delta
06-08-2015, 06:40 PM
Lmfao......you guys are a riot....

Levi
06-08-2015, 06:41 PM
How big are the drivers? The same size as the ones on laptop power cords?

the laptop power cord is the power supply, the driver is how it converts the power to run the channel of leds, so you would technically have both the tiny drivers Martin was talking about AND the laptop power supply. The cool thing with these leds is you can get a wireless controller that does sunrise/sunset, lunar cycles, **** you can even do storms and clouds and whatever.

89delta
06-08-2015, 06:44 PM
Hey now....that's pricey...he wants simple and cost effective...lol

Levi
06-08-2015, 06:54 PM
ok ok yeah you are right, the sleek one is way more expensive. like 129 vs 20

89delta
06-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Right.....spending the cash on an apex or ReefAngel is one thing for full control....but just for lights you and I can do it cheaper arduino style.....lol

Redneck_Reefer
06-08-2015, 10:39 PM

Thoughts Roy?

OMG it was a joke. its called an advertisement (quite funny I might add). IF wikipedia or google doesn't recommend it I guess it doesn't exist.

Levi
06-08-2015, 10:41 PM
OMG it was a joke. its called an advertisement (quite funny I might add). IF wikipedia or google doesn't recommend it I guess it doesn't exist.

Humor is lost apparently, seems others found the humor in my post and responded accordingly, not sure you read down that far before posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Levi
06-08-2015, 10:43 PM
http://youtu.be/1cVRMGEL5GY

Humor was taken as humor just so you didn't think I meant it to come across as me being butt hurt by Roy's comments.

Redneck_Reefer
06-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Humor is lost apparently, seems others found the humor in my post and responded accordingly, not sure you read down that far before posting.

Humor huh wikipedia has it as: Humour or humor (see spelling differences) is the tendency of particular cognitive experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement. The term derives from the humoral medicine of the ancient Greeks, which taught that the balance of fluids in the human body, known as humours (Latin: humor, "body fluid"), controlled human health and emotion.

People of all ages and cultures respond to humour. Most people are able to experience humour—i.e., to be amused, to smile or laugh at something funny—and thus are considered to have a sense of humour. The hypothetical person lacking a sense of humour would likely find the behaviour induced by humour to be inexplicable, strange, or even irrational. Though ultimately decided by personal taste, the extent to which a person finds something humorous depends on a host of variables, including geographical location, culture, maturity, level of education, intelligence and context. For example, young children may favour slapstick such as Punch and Judy puppet shows or cartoons such as Tom and Jerry, whose purely physical nature makes it more accessible to them. By contrast, more sophisticated forms of humour such as satire require an understanding of its social meaning and context, and thus tend to appeal to more mature audiences.

Huh don't see it. I figured it was the typical "your opinion" based on someone else’s review comment on everything post. Oh yeah please let me know when my response is "accordingly". I can't wait for the reply (meant sarcastic as hell).

Levi
06-08-2015, 10:52 PM
You win my friend, as you say it "well played"

I'm over it to be honest

SpaceOps
06-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Umm, wasn't that supposed to be Holiday Inn Express?

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2