PDA

View Full Version : AI Prime Vs Kessil Vs?

sweat044
06-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Looking to get a new light for the 29 gallon biocube. The 1 cord Chinese LED just isn't providing the growth that I am looking for. Let me know your thoughts...

charleshardy5
06-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Prime... best bang for your buck... wireless, no extra controller needed, fully programmable out the box, cheaper than kessil

Manchestercity
06-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Prime... best bang for your buck... wireless, no extra controller needed, fully programmable out the box, cheaper than kessil

Does the prime offer the same shimmer effect that the kessil is famous for?

charleshardy5
06-04-2015, 12:10 PM
My tank shimmers yes

sweat044
06-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Do you think the prime would be enough coverage over the 29 gallon biocube?

charleshardy5
06-04-2015, 12:30 PM
I do. 2x2 spread

Coral Xpressions
06-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Not my kessil lol

Got a 360 narrow tuna blue bubba, text if you're interested

charleshardy5
06-04-2015, 02:35 PM
Not my kessil lol

Does it come with the controller? that extra 60 doll hair accessory?

Coral Xpressions
06-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Nope fingers are already attached to his hand and work for free ya lazy bastard. Set it amd forget it

charleshardy5
06-04-2015, 03:09 PM
I earned my right to be lazy haha

Levi
06-04-2015, 09:05 PM

I have to agree the prime is a hard hitting light machine. Hard to beat it for price and bang for the buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Levi
06-04-2015, 09:07 PM
Does the prime offer the same shimmer effect that the kessil is famous for?

Any "pendant" style light will give a similar shimmer. Basically a COB chip or a puck style with optics will all work very much the same.

Levi
06-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Not my kessil lol

Your Kessil is brand new in box for less than 189?

Coral Xpressions
While we appreciate your opinion, let's leave this thread for those who actually have these light to post experienced opinions. That is all

Levi
While we appreciate your opinion, let's leave this thread for those who actually have these light to post experienced opinions. That is all

Or those that sat and played with it for nearly an hour at macna? Including the Kessil at macna? Lol

Coral Xpressions
06-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Oooooohhhh, an hour. You Must be expert level now

Levi
06-04-2015, 09:10 PM
How long have you played with the prime to be able to comment as an expert that your Kessil is better? Did you buy a prime on your tank and I didn't know it?

Coral Xpressions
06-04-2015, 09:11 PM
I do actually yes. 3 of them. Had em side by side with the kessil. Didn't care for them so sold em and put my lights back up

Levi
06-04-2015, 09:14 PM
Yeah same here, I put 4 of them on my 40g just for ****s and giggles and decided I wanted to go back to my crappy t5 light because I like it better....

Coral Xpressions
06-04-2015, 09:21 PM
See I know you're just trying to be a big boy, but I know you're to cheap to buy something with a name on it. It's ok. I won't judge you., but you tried, A for effort

Levi
06-04-2015, 09:27 PM
I have owned more EcoTech mp40s than you have lol. It has nothing to do with being cheap. It's value. I will be purchasing mp10wQD x2 for my 40g after we move. They can connect to my apex now and they fixed the issues that I didn't like about the old ones.

Coral Xpressions
06-04-2015, 09:29 PM
You've also killed more corals than I have.

Man 2 for 2 to you good sir

Coral Xpressions
06-04-2015, 09:30 PM
And don't worrt, I've already alerted rhe memorial hospital burn unit to let them know you're coming

Levi
06-04-2015, 09:35 PM
You've also killed more corals than I have.

Man 2 for 2 to you good sir

Considering that I haven't owned even 1/100th of the amount of corals that go through your coral flats, that means that if your tax returns show anything more than a 1% loss of inventory as a write off, I would have had to lose more than I have ever owned to compare to your losses. Thanks for calling the burn unit for me, the stench of your bs is burning my nasal cavities and I need to go have it checked out.

Levi
06-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Wow it's been 6 minutes with no response..... This is unlike you bush!

Coral Xpressions
06-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Awe, did I strike a nerve.....sad to realize that execution is harder than simple research. Tax return number mean nothing. Loss percentage means nothing. It's call reinvesting. Loss merely shows I spend more than I bring in. One day yup be big boy all grown up...One day

And my lack of response was due to me enjoying my corals and seeing how happy they are being alive...you should try it one day it's real nice

Levi
06-04-2015, 09:55 PM
Awe, did I strike a nerve.....sad to realize that execution is harder than simple research. Tax return number mean nothing. Loss percentage means nothing. It's call reinvesting. Loss merely shows I spend more than I bring in. One day yup be big boy all grown up...One day

And my lack of response was due to me enjoying my corals and seeing how happy they are being alive...you should try it one day it's real nice

Hmm so guess your great loss of 2015 that you whined and *****ed about at the January meeting wasn't really factual and was just a figment of the entire clubs imagination. You didn't strike a never by being an ******* and serving a low blow about me losing a bunch of corals, just had no reason to tell me to not comment my opinion on a light when the OP was asking for opinions. I can appreciate your always trying to sell yellow snow to an Eskimo mentality though with anything you can make a buck on regardless of if the product will actually be the best product for the customer or not.

Levi
06-04-2015, 09:59 PM
Also just to clarify, what good data have you provided to this thread other than your Kessil is better than an AI prime? Charles actually stated why the prime was a better bang for the buck and gave his opinion for why as did I. So far you have only tried to get a fun discussion going with me rather than helping the OP with his decision making process.

Coral Xpressions
06-04-2015, 10:09 PM
Hmm so guess your great loss of 2015 that you whined and *****ed about at the January meeting wasn't really factual and was just a figment of the entire clubs imagination. You didn't strike a never by being an ******* and serving a low blow about me losing a bunch of corals, just had no reason to tell me to not comment my opinion on a light when the OP was asking for opinions. I can appreciate your always trying to sell yellow snow to an Eskimo mentality though with anything you can make a buck on regardless of if the product will actually be the best product for the customer or not.

I tell you what you want to hear. You can choose to believe what you want lol

and I have the same thing to this thread as you. I said kessil is better you said ai is better. Your "proof" is you playing with something for an hour. You however failed to justify your opinion by not proving your played with a kessil. Unlike me, where I've run them both and chose my light of choice. Just saying.

And you're apparently oblivious to the statement and how it is In fact your own statement that you provided once to someone giving an opinion to a thread when they in fact had neither of they equipment involved in that topic. Just saying, I my have some memory issues but I remember you jumping down some poor guys throat in the same fashion.

I like this.....your turn!!

Now I know what you're gonna say....
1. Show me the thread.
2. What was the topic
3. Prove it

U need not do any of these as you know why I'm talking about whether or not you admit it. And you know I know it and that's all I need.

Be well john spartan!!!!

Coral Xpressions
06-04-2015, 10:13 PM
Any "pendant" style light will give a similar shimmer. Basically a COB chip or a puck style with optics will all work very much the same.

This is ll you've provided. A copy and paste counter to something you probably found online somewhere.

My proof is in the happy customers who have light X or light Y. I have no need to sell lights. Not where my money lies. My discussion was with charles as he owns and runs one light and I as well. You have neither so refer to my first comment to you :)

Cheers mate

Coral Xpressions
06-04-2015, 10:16 PM
And chad knows how to text me and has been for my professional opinion. And he has charles as well. So if he hasn't texted you I can include you in a group text so you don't feel bad for being left out

Levi
06-04-2015, 10:18 PM
I tell you what you want to hear. You can choose to believe what you want lol

and I have the same thing to this thread as you. I said kessil is better you said ai is better. Your "proof" is you playing with something for an hour. You however failed to justify your opinion by not proving your played with a kessil. Unlike me, where I've run them both and chose my light of choice. Just saying.

And you're apparently oblivious to the statement and how it is In fact your own statement that you provided once to someone giving an opinion to a thread when they in fact had neither of they equipment involved in that topic. Just saying, I my have some memory issues but I remember you jumping down some poor guys throat in the same fashion.

I like this.....your turn!!

Now I know what you're gonna say....
1. Show me the thread.
2. What was the topic
3. Prove it

U need not do any of these as you know why I'm talking about whether or not you admit it. And you know I know it and that's all I need.

Be well john spartan!!!!

I said I played with both lights at macna so not sure what you are even saying now as its all jibberish

Also I will have to take your word on the fact that I told someone to basically shut the **** up and butt out of an opinion thread because I may or may not have and I frankly do not care to filter through the forums to find it. If I did say it and it was to someone with experience with both pieces of equipment I must apologize as that was very rude of me.

Levi
06-04-2015, 10:21 PM
This is ll you've provided. A copy and paste counter to something you probably found online somewhere.

My proof is in the happy customers who have light X or light Y. I have no need to sell lights. Not where my money lies. My discussion was with charles as he owns and runs one light and I as well. You have neither so refer to my first comment to you :)

Cheers mate

Why are you being so hostile? I'm really not sure what nerve I struck here.

Coral Xpressions
I said I played with both lights at macna so not sure what you are even saying now as its all jibberish

Also I will have to take your word on the fact that I told someone to basically shut the **** up and butt out of an opinion thread because I may or may not have and I frankly do not care to filter through the forums to find it. If I did say it and it was to someone with experience with both pieces of equipment I must apologize as that was very rude of me.

Yeah me too, I'm glad you took my word for it cuz I would've hated to have had to scroll they everything as well lol

It appears we have come to a stale mate.

And darn you quit posting while I'm typing lol

Levi
And chad knows how to text me and has been for my professional opinion. And he has charles as well. So if he hasn't texted you I can include you in a group text so you don't feel bad for being left out

No need, I'm glad that chad is doing some research into the equipment he wants to buy and looking for what will work best for his bio cube.

Coral Xpressions
06-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Why are you being so hostile? I'm really not sure what nerve I struck here.

I don't get hostile. Just trying to find the old levi. I'm just glad you haven't posted a Wikipedia link yet, you're on the road to recovery good sir

Levi
06-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Yeah me too, I'm glad you took my word for it cuz I would've hated to have had to scroll they everything as well lol

It appears we have come to a stale mate.

And darn you quit posting while I'm typing lol

No stale mate here, you win

Levi
06-04-2015, 10:23 PM
I don't get hostile. Just trying to find the old levi. I'm just glad you haven't posted a Wikipedia link yet, you're on the road to recovery good sir

I'm too cheap for the internet apparently

Coral Xpressions
No stale mate here, you win

Woah, who the hell is typing for you, this is not rhe levi I know. Shenanigans I say

Levi
Nope just glad chad is doing some research

Coral Xpressions
06-04-2015, 10:24 PM
I'm too cheap for the internet apparently

Cause your using it all on your perk phones lol

Levi
06-04-2015, 10:26 PM
Cause your using it all on your perk phones lol

Yeah it's not bad we are earning about $100 a week between my phones and the wife's phones

Coral Xpressions
06-04-2015, 10:27 PM
I ain't earning crap, but it's all free at this point so I ain't mad, walmart fun money

Levi
06-04-2015, 10:29 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/04/f61e43af78c958a879bb77eb4b1fb544.jpg

Tomorrow is the end of the week, started last Friday at midnight so tomorrow at midnight I should be over 100k points

Coral Xpressions
06-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Nice. I've only got 4 phones and only check em occasional

Manchestercity
06-04-2015, 10:48 PM
Okay so to through in a wrench in this thread does anyone, and I don't care who responds, think this diy kit is equivalent to the kessil?
http://www.rapidled.com/aurora-puck-kit-dimmable/

Levi
06-04-2015, 10:54 PM
I had that exact kit and it's awesome if you want wires all the place and 4 large drivers to find a place for. If you can hide it all, the light is awesome and works with the EcoTech optics. For the price it's hard to beat basically EcoTech and AIs version of the same thing, the prime. It has all the control abilities you don't get with the rapid led aurora puck kit.

Levi
06-04-2015, 10:56 PM
Just have 89 delta hook up your bio cube hood. He has a custom aluminum heat sink made to be a direct fit to a 29g bio cube hood and has a full controller to do moon cycles as well as clouds and storms, sunrise and sunset. His specialty is the bio cube specifically although he can do any setup really.

Chadrw79
06-04-2015, 11:38 PM
I'll through a wrench as well. Chad if you want to switch less for the cool factor and sleek looks of those two lights, I can not chime in. However....... As you may or may not know I run the most bogus Chinese lights ever made and I can grow anything I want. Also before that, I ran Reef Koi early early addition 2 cord Evos and again could grow and keep anything I wanted including 4 clams on sand bed at one point!

So again if you want new and sleek I can't help you. But like always in this hobby as you know everything is patience, experimenting what works in your tank (not others) patience oh and patience :)

Cheers Chad hit me up if need be

Levi
06-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Thanks for your input. My best growth on my zoas was with the Mars Aqua full spectrum LEDs but like you said there is no cool factor. The new Reefkoi evo lights are pretty awesome and are 100% silent and cool to touch even at 100% with the huge heat sink on them. Maybe Reefkoi will chime in on them.

Sharkboy99999
06-04-2015, 11:43 PM
I personally I like primes better but I have seen a few tanks look good with kessil. But more with primes; ) but those DIY led kits are pretty sweet for the price

kmellon
06-05-2015, 08:30 AM
I'll through a wrench as well. Chad if you want to switch less for the cool factor and sleek looks of those two lights, I can not chime in. However....... As you may or may not know I run the most bogus Chinese lights ever made and I can grow anything I want. Also before that, I ran Reef Koi early early addition 2 cord Evos and again could grow and keep anything I wanted including 4 clams on sand bed at one point!

So again if you want new and sleek I can't help you. But like always in this hobby as you know everything is patience, experimenting what works in your tank (not others) patience oh and patience :)

Cheers Chad hit me up if need be

Hey Chad,
Can you offer a little of how you maintain your water quality? If lights don't seem to matter, then it tends to lean toward water quality and condition or how and with what you feed your tank.

sweat044
06-05-2015, 08:42 AM
Tank Maintenance:
Weekly 6 gallon water changes
Feed Mysis or brine daily
Dose either coral frenzy or reefroids 2 times a week
Run a Korali 800
Aquaremora Nano skimmer

OOH and because of a very wise man the only time I put my hand in the tank is when doing water changes.

Lights are on from 12-9 daily. I am not really looking for sleek look just looking for something that will provide great growth and coverage. The Title says Prime VS Kessil VS ?
The ? is for others that I may have looked over. I have been researching lights and peoples thoughts on every kind under the sun.

Hey Chad,
Can you offer a little of how you maintain your water quality? If lights don't seem to matter, then it tends to lean toward water quality and condition or how and with what you feed your tank.

Coral Xpressions
06-05-2015, 08:46 AM
I've had many talks with many people. The general census is you have to pair your lights and water quality together. I like chad have 2 evos over one tank, 2 old Chinese over another, 6 of the ones i had built over a 3rd, and 3 ebay ones one the 4th. All tanks have. Happy mix of everything in them and all do great. If you're not growing like you want you may think about tweaking water quality a tad, maybe it leans one way or the other as far as nitrates or phosphates. Those both wil inhibit growth

sweat044
06-05-2015, 08:53 AM
I am going to test everything tonight. I hate testing water but I need too so I can see what is going on. I am going to have to get a new light because of the increase in tanks. I am just trying to get a feel for what I want and why.

I've had many talks with many people. The general census is you have to pair your lights and water quality together. I like chad have 2 evos over one tank, 2 old Chinese over another, 6 of the ones i had built over a 3rd, and 3 ebay ones one the 4th. All tanks have. Happy mix of everything in them and all do great. If you're not growing like you want you may think about tweaking water quality a tad, maybe it leans one way or the other as far as nitrates or phosphates. Those both wil inhibit growth

PuD
06-05-2015, 09:06 AM
I'm looking at some lights from AliExpress. They seem to be pretty nice and have gotten some really good reviews as well. 4 channel with Wi-Fi enabled programmer. They'll customize the spectrum for you at no additional charge also. These are the ones I'm looking at for my 180. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DSunY-WIFI-programmable-180cm-marine-led-aquarium-reef-light-full-spectrum-aquario-4-channel-dimmable-sunrise/32283653452.html
Anyone here have experience with these? I think SpaceOps bought a set at some point, but I can't recall for sure.

BRuby
06-05-2015, 09:11 AM
As I have mentioned to you before, I would go Prime. There is no better light for the money in my opinion for what you are trying to accomplish. Plug and play, no additional equipment to buy, control from your phone, and gets the coverage that you need for around $200. We have discussed lights many times and as you know, I had Hydra 52s, well the 26 is just half of a 52. I don't think you will like the purple tint to the Hydra. Plus at the low price point of the Prime if you don't like it, you can't really get hurt too much on resale.

rumen
06-06-2015, 06:32 PM
I earned my right to be lazy haha
Amen to that one

sweat044
07-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Closed