PDA

View Full Version : New LED

marcslove
05-26-2015, 10:33 AM
So, I replaced my Chinese TT-Al09 lights with an Orbit LED. I have it at 80% to acclimate corals. The light appears much dimmer, even when I checked 100%. Also, my frogspawn and green leather do not look as open and perky as usual. It's only been two days, bit I am slightly concerned:yikes:

Just_Tim
05-26-2015, 10:42 AM
The Current Marine orbit has very low par. At 24" depth the par is somewhere around 5. Most of us strive for a par of at least 100 on the sandbed.

Sharkboy99999
05-26-2015, 10:46 AM
I believe it's because they don't have lens over the led. Sept for the new pros have lens

marcslove
05-26-2015, 11:06 AM
I thought I researched well enough, but the par does seem to be sub par...haha. My zoas, mushrooms, and green star polyp seem to love the new light though

Levi
05-26-2015, 01:56 PM
I believe it's because they don't have lens over the led. Sept for the new pros have lens

The orbits and other LEDS like them are cool but are very low wattage. Most are under 50 watts per 48" worth of fixture. Like Tim said most of us shoot for a par of around 100 on the sand bed and with any tank over 6" in depth, the low wattage is just not enough to really punch through the water column.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WIFI-165W-LED-Aquarium-Light-Full-Spectrum-Fish-Tank-Reef-Coral-Dimmable-Lamp-/201332405274?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ee058b41a

wont do thunderstorms that I know of but at least will do sunrise sunset etc

89delta
05-26-2015, 05:18 PM
What are your tank dimensions? I can tell you how many LEDs you would need for softies, LPS and/or SPS. As well as the degree optics you would need for getting that punch on the sand bed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Levi
05-26-2015, 05:58 PM
What are your tank dimensions? I can tell you how many LEDs you would need for softies, LPS and/or SPS. As well as the degree optics you would need for getting that punch on the sand bed.

does your custom controller do the thunderstorms and cloud cover?

89delta
05-26-2015, 05:59 PM
Yes it does....

Levi
05-26-2015, 06:01 PM
Yes it does....

Those new 7 channel pucks you have, do they work with the thunderstorm, cloud and acclimation modes?

89delta
05-26-2015, 06:04 PM
I have to redesign my controller/driver board for 7-channels, but the 6-channel pucks will work with the current controller. Two max at 24v.

Levi
05-26-2015, 06:37 PM
I have to redesign my controller/driver board for 7-channels, but the 6-channel pucks will work with the current controller. Two max at 24v.

6 channel pucks are economy or lite version of the extreme one?

Levi
05-26-2015, 06:38 PM

also I look forward to your new wireless controller design you were talking about that has android functionality, especially with all the special effects your controller will do.

89delta
05-26-2015, 06:47 PM
The wireless one will be for basic control. The brains doesn't have enough memory for all the weather coding. Although I am looking into full automation by Longitude and Latitude for sunrise/sunset and duration times. Cloud cover and "storms" will be a 50/50 chance per day no longer than 15min duration and no more than 15 chances of clouds/storms. Once everything comes into play I'll be looking to make an enclosure for the pucks and controller.

Levi
05-26-2015, 07:30 PM
any way to add memory and go with a larger board to allow for the following: ?

thunderstorm option on or off (if on, I can set the % of chance it has to occur each hour with a max of # that I set per 24 hour period)
cloud cover option on or off (if on, I can set the % of chance it has to occur each hour with a max of # that I set per 24 hour period)
acclimation mode that I set the starting % and how many days it takes to increase to specified % across all channels and it figures out the math of how many % to increase each day
each channel can be controlled manually via android/iphone app
memory of settings so if power goes out it saves all the settings
lunar phases based on a long/lat (moon lights are a separate setting with a start time and stop time each night, and the lunar phase is just the % of brightness the LEDS run during that period of time)
Disco mode (sort of like the demo mode on radions where the light just goes ape **** and turns each color to 100% while the other colors are at 0% and makes it look like a dance floor)

mega512?

marcslove
05-26-2015, 07:49 PM
my tank is a 54g corner. 18 inch depth, roughly 32" across. I really liked my chinese leds, but they weren't programmable

charleshardy5
05-26-2015, 09:01 PM
my tank is a 54g corner. 18 inch depth, roughly 32" across. I really liked my chinese leds, but they weren't programmable
Martin (89delta) could prolly help you put with that ;)