PDA

View Full Version : Neptune DOS for Apex - New toy installed

Joe
05-18-2015, 01:24 AM
I got the Neptune DOS from Amazon using my perk rewards and installed it tonight. Impressions so far are that it was easy to mount using the keyhole slots on the back. Plug in one USB cable and one power cable, hook up the in and out line tubing and used the wizard for programing in Fusion. The pumps run pretty quiet.

I have it set to deliver 400 ml of alkalinity total daily with 300 ml delivered between midnight and 8 am using 41 doses spread 13 minutes apart. 7ml per minute 7.3ml per dose, Then the Calcium doses 275 ml per day during 9am -9 pm, 70 doses every 11 minutes, 3.9ml per dose. Then the alkalinity starts back at 10 pm to deliver 100ml over 9 doses at 11.1 ml doses every 13 minutes. This way there is no overlap of calcium and all being dosed at the same time. The totals are just guesses to start with and I'll dial in the numbers after a few days of testing.

So far it looks like it is really sweet and will help my dosing be a whole lot more constant. I'm tempted to get another one for magnesium and use the other side of it for either food or acropower.

Overall I think i'll like it a lot, probably would have never bought it without being able to use perk rewards. It was easy for me to mount, easy to program.

OceanView
05-18-2015, 07:55 AM
Did you have to calibrate the pumps? This is the part I got stuck with when trying to set up the jebae pump. It never gave me a consistent output.

Joe
05-18-2015, 09:03 AM
I did calibrate them. They were really close to being on right out of the box. The pump one did 40.2 ml when it was supposed to output 40ml, and the 2nd did 40.8.