https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-naaa6iZBQ

seaweed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf32j8ztK7A

howard24
04-21-2015, 05:03 PM
I need this

RuRoo
04-21-2015, 07:34 PM
I don't believe the gourmet defroster is available for purchase yet.

BRuby
04-21-2015, 07:43 PM
These will be available May 4th

jrod34a
04-21-2015, 07:51 PM
going to have get on those

static reef
04-21-2015, 09:33 PM
I dont think that i like any of these.

1. Seawees clip- the small wholes will only allow fish to eat within the gaps of the mesh brace. This will waste a ton of seaweed for no reason even if it is cheap to purchase in bulk.

Seems like a waste of time to pack seaweed into this when i can hang a seaweed clip from a spot within my canopy (i do agree with the magnet comment as my tangs are so strong that they rip the clip from the glass as well). If the tangs do rip off a piece and it floats away they continue to eat it anyways.

2. Defroster- i personally like to broadcast feed my tanks. This allows me to spread the food around the whole tank so that i can see all of the fish eat and the small pieces are consumed by my corals. Granted, alot of small pieces hit the overflow, but then they hit a filter sock and then the skimmer. This saves me from having to feed my corals on a regular basis.

This small little contraptuon will undoubtedly force fish to fight over the limited space where the food is located.

The only rhing i like is that it would save me 30 seconds a day from warming the food up.

3. The pellet/flake feeder- this would be a little cooler if it had a longer spout for target feeding corals but it doesn't. The reason that it comes with a brush is because the flakes of food will get stuck to the sides after feeding. Once the flakes dry out they will clauge and become a hot mess.

It is designed with metal which will eventually rust regardless of being stainless or not.

This item crushes the food so small that any tang will just let it float by because it isnt worth their time.

Obviously these are my opinions but i have learned my lesson in this hobby and try to look at the negatives as well as the positives when a product is released since most bew hotness is garbage. Sorry if I am being a negative Ned. Not digging these as of yet but maybe your opinions after purchase will change mine.

jrod34a
04-21-2015, 09:40 PM
yeah you're right on the pellet/flake feeder does seem a little short especially for the bigger tanks

Joe
04-21-2015, 10:01 PM
The seaweed clip might be a good idea, but the magnet strength would probably be an issue for my tank thickness. The frozen thing looks kind of cool, but I prefer to broadcast my frozen as well so the shy feeders like my jawfish get a shot at it. It says it's made out of durable acrylic - one of my pet peeves of this hobby is how many things are made out of acrylic; I think my problem is that I crack everything that is made out of acrylic and I really need everything made out transparent aluminum or titanium.