PDA

View Full Version : Neptune WAV

Levi
04-11-2015, 12:55 AM
https://www.neptunesystems.com/wav/

Thoughts?

Price is good and the discount when buying two is a nice addition. I am going to wait till Christmas to buy them but I think this is the route I am going to go. It's either this or two of the quiet drive 40s

static reef
04-11-2015, 01:59 AM
I saw these when they released them at macna and was not thoroughly impressed. Flow was great, design was cool, and controlled by the apex is always a plus. Unfortunately it is a brand new product and i do not trust reef products until they work out the kinks. Biggest negative is there is a wire in the tank.

Quiet drive really impressed me with the new wetside factor. No chord in a dt is always a plus. Resale is more likely as most hobbiest do not run an apex

mp40 for sure

Joe
04-11-2015, 02:43 AM
My opinion is much different than JJ's, and I have cooler shoes than him, so I'm pretty sure I'm right. I think it will be a great product since all of the Neptune stuff just seems to work great for me. I had the MP40s and had multiple problems with them, had to order spare parts several times for the wet sides and they were loud. I know other people have different experiences but my Jebao stuff has way out lasted and outperformed my MP stuff. I never looked back once I sold them. In fact I hate them.

I would consider replacing my WP60s with these and already have wires in the tank which I hid in the rock wall anyway. I really like the Gyre, but would really like to have all the control and geek info the WAV provides. The sound of the Jebaos is much lower than the MP40s but I can hear the pulsing upstairs of them. I don notice it near the tank, just upstairs. I think my rock wall cave is a low frequency repeater for it or something.

I'm considering using some of my Perk rewards at Amazon to get the Neptune DOS, and might get a pair of these to replace my WP power heads after I build back up some more. I've become a big fan of the Apex and think I trust their stuff more than any of the others. One of my BRS dosers seems like it's about to crap out. If I have to replace it, at $89, and have to replace the other one soon, I the price will pretty much be as much as the DOS but without all the cool factor and control anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

719bloodhound
04-11-2015, 07:57 AM
Lol there is no way you have cooler shoes then JJ!!!

Levi
04-11-2015, 07:58 AM
I agree that wires in the tank or hanging on the outside of the tank make no difference. The noise of the mp vs wp has always been an issue for me. WP I can barely ever hear but 90% of the mps in people's tanks that are older than 1 month are clearly audible to me, especially when pulsing or ramping. I liked the showing of these pumps at macna honestly and like how they are adjustable angle wise. I feel that makes up for what the mps do not have. Also they have a wide flow pattern so better than tunze. Fully controllable to my apex is a plus but I can get that with jebao and mp old ones maybe new ones sometime in the future. I do eventually want to upgrade to the apex dos system and will do it most likely with perk points.

static reef
04-11-2015, 08:00 AM
Lol there is no way you have cooler shoes then JJ!!!
He doesnt even know does he paul?
(Inside joke, about my amazing african loafers)