PDA

View Full Version : New to this site!

1998golfer
02-27-2015, 10:58 PM
Hi all!

A bit over a year ago, I saved up and bought a 27 gallon Marineland cube aquarium, off of craigslist. It had a fluval E-200 heater, fluval C3 filter, some coarse black gravel, and a background.
I did my research, did a fishless cycle, never once saw any nitrites. I cycled with "pure ammonia" from Ace Hardware.
The tank now has a sunsun HW-304A (528GPH canister filter) I've had nothing but great experiences with it.. So quiet I can only tell it's on if I go put my ear up against it :)
It's currently a Freshwater community tank, stocked with:
1x Baby albino BN pleco (I had an adult one but he unexpectedly died)
2x Bolivian rams (I believe a male and a female)
6x Serpae Tetras
3x Nerite snails
3x Albino Cories
2x Kuhli loaches
1x beautiful dwarf gourami

I recently bought a 36 gallon bowfront tank, on black friday from petsmart (Tank, stand, hood/light combo) for $124.99. Bought myself a sunsun HW-304B, similar to my one on my 27g cube, this one is 525gph with a built-in 9w UV lamp (Yeah I know it won't do much good but I couldn't find the model without a UV bulb). I became obsessed with figure 8 puffers, so I bought a bucket of salt, a 32 gallon brute trash can, and a refractometer from amazon (Yes including the trash can and salt from amazon).. Bought a pump from harbor freight and had an old python WC system that I cannibalized the tubing from.
Took me 3 months to get the figure 8 puffers I was looking for, I got them just over a week ago. I've got a snail breeding tank set up, so I feed them live snails and frozen bloodworms.

I'll post some pics later if anyone's interested..

If anyone has some, I'm looking for some red cherry shrimp.

I also made a few thousand DIY root tabs, if anyone wants to trade / buy some of those for planted tanks.

Just to put this out there, I'm a high school student -- I'm a Junior at Vista Ridge. I like to build computers, program computers, create websites, etc..

Thanks for letting me join!!!

-Tyler

Kitten1220
02-28-2015, 07:57 AM
Welcome!! And pics are always great.

hooked
02-28-2015, 08:53 AM
Welcome Tyler.

Murfman
02-28-2015, 11:33 AM
Welcome! Have a few hack...I mean golfers here too!

Ehren
02-28-2015, 12:48 PM
Welcome, look forward to seeing your tank pictures

1998golfer
02-28-2015, 04:16 PM
Not very good pictures, I'll try to borrow my mom's DSLR later today and get some better pics.

One of my puffers (and the other photobombing):
http://i.imgur.com/aUp9lfb.jpg

My 27g cube (Not spectacularly clean atm.. Haven't done my weekly Saturday WaterChange yet)
http://i.imgur.com/OUTGmRk.jpg

All the full tank shots of my 36g cube have reflections of my window and other tank in it, I'll try to find a way to get that to go away later..

Thank you all for the welcomes!

j5fisher
03-02-2015, 08:56 AM
Welcome

kmellon
03-11-2015, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the group and we always love to see pictures.

marcslove
04-20-2015, 03:04 PM
Welcome:icon_rotate: