PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on the new LEDs orbit led , Kessil

Sharkboy99999
02-21-2015, 11:48 PM
My mom want let me hang lights from the ceiling so she would like them . But how do you think corals would do under them ( for a mixed reef ) he sad they are 4 times brighter and should ship out in 3 weeks Any one know about them . Also I loved the new kessil but I think it may be out of my price rang to light the 175g

Sent by me

I_Made_You_Read_This
03-13-2015, 07:34 PM
The kessil will be $900 per unit. It will light 3' x 3'. So I would need two to light my tank. I think I would just rather get the a360we and save $600. But there are a ton of features on that new kessil that will be pretty sweet.

kmellon
03-13-2015, 09:04 PM
Guess, i'm not understanding the actual question. Most lights can be hung in a multitude of ways to include legs that allow the light to rest on the tank, to goosenecks, to cable connecting points. Kessils are going to be pretty expensive no matter which design you go with. I have a couple of Maxpect Razors that look really sleek and are dead quiet and are pretty pricey as well. $900 for a 42" model. There are a ton of others.

The thing to consider is the height above the water. Each light will have a recommended height and most are in the same range. Then you also need to consider the power cable. Most of the higher end systems use a power supply. Those cables limited in length as well.

Hope this helps.

Sharkboy99999
03-13-2015, 10:58 PM
Guess, i'm not understanding the actual question. Most lights can be hung in a multitude of ways to include legs that allow the light to rest on the tank, to goosenecks, to cable connecting points. Kessils are going to be pretty expensive no matter which design you go with. I have a couple of Maxpect Razors that look really sleek and are dead quiet and are pretty pricey as well. $900 for a 42" model. There are a ton of others.

The thing to consider is the height above the water. Each light will have a recommended height and most are in the same range. Then you also need to consider the power cable. Most of the higher end systems use a power supply. Those cables limited in length as well.

Hope this helps.

Not Really a question just wondering what you guess think of them and if any one knows any thing about them

Sent by me

BRuby
03-13-2015, 11:24 PM
I think it is pretty sweet. They had two at Reefstock and I really liked them. The guy said it is probably still a year out. I think $900 is a pretty good guess at price.

charleshardy5
03-14-2015, 04:46 AM
Not Really a question just wondering what you guess think of them and if any one knows any thing about them

Sent by me
Oh, so 2 questions?

Your Resident Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder