PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Wyoming

sisterlimonpot
02-11-2015, 02:31 PM
Hello fellas,

As some of you may remember me, I lived up in cheyenne and moved to southern california,(Military) and just recently moved back.... While in california I became the president of the MASVC (marine aquarium society of ventura county) and put on some great frag swaps while I was there. I definitely got emerged into that community (it was quite easy because there was a lot of hobbyist there) It's great to be back, I haven't quite tapped into the reefing scene yet.

I decided to take a few months off, but now I'm back, my tank is being filled with rodi water and with any luck I will make a trip back to california to get all my coral and livestock.

Anyway guys, I will tool around the site and see when the next meeting is and try to make an appearance.

Hope to see you guys soon
Jimmy

Haddonisreef
02-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Sup jimmy glad to see ya back! Hit me up if your ever in greeley

hooked
02-11-2015, 02:36 PM
Welcome Back Jimmy! Thank you for your service.
Here is a link for our feb meeting. Hope you can make it. ReefStock is coming up this month too.

http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showthread.php?17652-February-28th-Meeting

sisterlimonpot
02-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Sup jimmy glad to see ya back! Hit me up if your ever in greeley

Hey, what's going on... it's good to know you're still in the hobby....

Murfman
02-11-2015, 03:35 PM
Welcome back, Jimmy. You back for good or just get stationed back at F.E. Warren?

sisterlimonpot
02-11-2015, 04:14 PM
Murfman,

I'm now retired, I'm relaxing at the house, trying to fight boredom..

I just got water in my tank, and need to get the apex up and running, I bought an apex a while ago but never hooked it up because I was happy with the ACIII, but now that I have all these ecotech lights and pumps I wanted to get them set up on the wxm.....Plus I have one of those new MP40wQD pumps on the way and I don't know where to put it on my tank....

One other question, What city is the next meeting going to be held?... I see an address but i'm not sure where it is....

Murfman
02-11-2015, 04:26 PM
Welcome to the "I need to get a real job now" like the rest of us. Thanks for your service!

Next meeting will be here in the Springs. About 3 miles from my place!

Levi
02-11-2015, 05:32 PM
Murfman,

I'm now retired, I'm relaxing at the house, trying to fight boredom..

I just got water in my tank, and need to get the apex up and running, I bought an apex a while ago but never hooked it up because I was happy with the ACIII, but now that I have all these ecotech lights and pumps I wanted to get them set up on the wxm.....Plus I have one of those new MP40wQD pumps on the way and I don't know where to put it on my tank....

One other question, What city is the next meeting going to be held?... I see an address but i'm not sure where it is....

Curious where you got the new MP40wQD pumps at. I have not found them anywhere online to find a price for them.

sisterlimonpot
02-11-2015, 05:38 PM
They're not for sell yet, without going into great detail, they sent me one... ahh I can't really go further than that...

sisterlimonpot
02-11-2015, 05:40 PM
How do you send PMs?

Levi
02-11-2015, 05:51 PM
They're not for sell yet, without going into great detail, they sent me one... ahh I can't really go further than that...

ahh so you are on the product testing team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVXgUA_MIP4&feature=youtu.be

Levi
02-11-2015, 05:54 PM
how did you get on the product testing team? I may have to email Joel and see about getting on the PTT lol. I am guessing that they want people who actively post on RC etc to be part of the team.

sisterlimonpot
02-11-2015, 06:25 PM
No i'm not on the product testing team.... long story short I invented a solid state pump that they bought the patten to... can't really go into greater detail, out of courtesy they sent me one.

Sorry for the cloak and dagger tactics but if you know ecotech then you understand how tight lipped they are.

As far as getting onto their product testing team you just have to apply and hope to be picked. I really don't know their criteria as to who gets to be a tester.

hooked
02-11-2015, 06:45 PM
How do you send PMs?

You need to have 25 posts before pm privilege.

sisterlimonpot
02-11-2015, 06:49 PM
Thanks, I was reading up on PMs but didn't find that one... oh well, I said what I could... so no longer need to PM

sisterlimonpot
02-11-2015, 07:07 PM
was it you guys that hosted macna this last year?

Levi
02-11-2015, 07:07 PM
No i'm not on the product testing team.... long story short I invented a solid state pump that they bought the patten to... can't really go into greater detail, out of courtesy they sent me one.

Sorry for the cloak and dagger tactics but if you know ecotech then you understand how tight lipped they are.

As far as getting onto their product testing team you just have to apply and hope to be picked. I really don't know their criteria as to who gets to be a tester.
Impressive!

j5fisher
03-02-2015, 08:58 AM
Welcome

Levi
03-02-2015, 10:20 AM
how is the system coming along? Any updates about the mp40wQD that you can share with us? Thoughts about the design of the new wetside for the 40? Torque distortion to the wetside?

Kio707
03-02-2015, 10:29 AM
how is the system coming along? Any updates about the mp40wQD that you can share with us? Thoughts about the design of the new wetside for the 40? Torque distortion to the wetside?

Overrated compared to the gyre... ;)

David

Levi
03-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Overrated compared to the gyre... ;)

David

Since you dont own one lol why not let the person that DOES own one actually comment on their thoughts about the pump lol.

marcslove
04-20-2015, 03:07 PM
Welcome:Ldogg:

dericke171
04-22-2015, 08:47 AM
It's good to see someone else from wyoming on here. I am stationed here at FE Warren

SantaMonicaHelp
06-16-2015, 06:20 PM
Welcome back Jimmy!

~Sandra