PDA

View Full Version : Quarantine

Luke W.
01-21-2015, 10:33 AM
I set up a quarantine tank finally, i know i should have done it alot earlier but i just got around to it. What salinity do i need to keep it at, and do i need to let it cycle? Thanks

Murfman
01-21-2015, 10:46 AM
you can keep it a normal salinity. If you need to do hypo, you can take it down. You should keep a sponge filter in your main tank and use that, when you put fish in QT. Test for ammonia 2x a day. I keep ammo lock to use bind with ammonia and nitrites.

Luke W.
01-21-2015, 08:26 PM
you can keep it a normal salinity. If you need to do hypo, you can take it down. You should keep a sponge filter in your main tank and use that, when you put fish in QT. Test for ammonia 2x a day. I keep ammo lock to use bind with ammonia and nitrites.

Does it need to cycle

Sharkboy99999
01-21-2015, 09:27 PM
I do .But I think most people don't

Sent by me
Tb

Murfman
01-22-2015, 11:40 AM
Does it need to cycle

If you are using live rock that is new, yes. I keep rock in my sump to add to a QT, if I need it. I also keep ceramic media in the sump. If you use a sponge filter that has been in the sump, no, no need to cycle. Just keep a check on the ammonia, just in case.

Murfman
01-22-2015, 11:40 AM
Does it need to cycle

If you are using live rock that is new, yes. I keep rock in my sump to add to a QT, if I need it. I also keep ceramic media in the sump. If you use a sponge filter that has been in the sump, no, no need to cycle. Just keep a check on the ammonia, just in case.