PDA

View Full Version : Custom bent light racks

Just_Tim
01-20-2015, 06:39 PM
I'm trying this out now. I'm not charging anything besides the conduit I use which runs a whopping $3-$4 per 10' stick and $2 for mounting clamps. I'd like some more practice so lemme at your tank will ya. Conduit paints very well, is smooth and easily attaches to stands.

I am America and So can You

charleshardy5
01-20-2015, 07:15 PM
Booyah! Anyone who needs a light rack should check this out. It's clean looking and cheap aaaaand took me a whole 10 minutes to put together

Your Resident Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder

Murfman
01-21-2015, 08:26 AM
Booyah! Anyone who needs a light rack should check this out. It's clean looking and cheap aaaaand took me a whole 10 minutes to put together

Your Resident Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder

So where is the DIY and the pix?

charleshardy5
01-21-2015, 08:37 AM
I didn't do such a good job cheek chronicling the build but the finished product is in my frat flat thread

Levi
01-21-2015, 09:55 AM
So where is the DIY and the pix?

Can we get a web admin to figure out why we have all of these double posts? It is random, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't... and its frustrating lol.

hooked
01-21-2015, 12:28 PM
Can we get a web admin to figure out why we have all of these double posts? It is random, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't... and its frustrating lol.

E-mail from Romebaby:

Not positive but I think it's a php bug. Wasn't aware of it but a few of my posts have been double, looked into it yesterday and it's a known issue with php 5.4 (and newer) and vbulletin 4.2. We were on php 5.3 I think and I'm sure the new server is running the latest. From what I've read it's related to quick reply and quoting another post, which is why it doesn't happen all the time. There are a couple fixes that have worked for some people, and if those don't work I'll have to upgrade vb again. 4.3 has been released now.

I have to go in and create new FTP accounts so I can get to the files to try the fixes, fixing the admincp login included, haven't had a chance yet. Hopefully soon.

Levi
01-21-2015, 05:38 PM
E-mail from Romebaby:

Not positive but I think it's a php bug. Wasn't aware of it but a few of my posts have been double, looked into it yesterday and it's a known issue with php 5.4 (and newer) and vbulletin 4.2. We were on php 5.3 I think and I'm sure the new server is running the latest. From what I've read it's related to quick reply and quoting another post, which is why it doesn't happen all the time. There are a couple fixes that have worked for some people, and if those don't work I'll have to upgrade vb again. 4.3 has been released now.

I have to go in and create new FTP accounts so I can get to the files to try the fixes, fixing the admincp login included, haven't had a chance yet. Hopefully soon.

just another reason why Rome is THE MAN!

kutcha
02-07-2015, 10:49 AM
Hey tim I am actually at home Depot looking at conduit to do this wanna help me out with it?

Just_Tim
02-07-2015, 10:51 AM
Yes I can. You need the bendable Emt conduit and if you get measurements I can bend it for you.

Just_Tim
02-07-2015, 10:54 AM
Hey tim I am actually at home Depot looking at conduit to do this wanna help me out with it?

Also that's 1/2" conduit.

kutcha
02-07-2015, 10:57 AM
What about mounting clamps do I need to get those or do you have some?

Just_Tim
02-07-2015, 10:57 AM
You'll need those. They're also cheap.

kutcha
02-07-2015, 11:06 AM
So once bent is the conduit drill or something how do I get the hanging part for these?

kutcha
02-07-2015, 11:12 AM
Pmed you tim

Joe
02-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Tim,

I think I could use some of that suspended from my ceiling over the tank. I'll get in touch with you to talk about it. By the way, we painted the drywall section and it is flawless. You are in fact the drywall MAN!

Just_Tim
02-08-2015, 02:05 PM
That's great to hear Joe, you had me worried for a minute.

kmellon
02-09-2015, 08:29 PM

Maybe try using 1 finger instead of two? :)

kmellon
02-09-2015, 08:31 PM
By the way Tim, if you can come up with some way of mounting my lights in my canopy, that would be fantastic and would kill off another one of my crap load of projects.

Just_Tim
02-09-2015, 10:06 PM
By the way Tim, if you can come up with some way of mounting my lights in my canopy, that would be fantastic and would kill off another one of my crap load of projects.

For the 125?

kmellon
02-09-2015, 10:26 PM
No the 120 downstairs. The hood has both swing open doors on the face as well as a section that lifts up and over along the top lip.

Just_Tim
02-09-2015, 10:27 PM
Shouldn't be a problem. My tank has a similar canopy and it was fairly straight forward to mount the lights.

kmellon
02-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Cool. maybe we can get together some time.

Just_Tim
02-09-2015, 10:32 PM
Sounds good. I have a lot of free days during the week now.