PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new tank.

justinlp
01-06-2015, 10:28 AM
Hi. So I'm starting up a 55 gal. I had it going years ago but financially was able to keep it going. Alot has changed since then and I'm ready to jump back in. I live outside of Colorado Springs right by falcon. I've been searching for lfs but can only find one. Of course petsmart and petco. While at petco I was referred to this group so here I am. I would love to know of any lfs. Thanks for everyone's time.

Bozo Clownfish
01-06-2015, 10:29 AM
Welcome, there are a few of us that live in Falcon.

Murfman
01-06-2015, 10:45 AM
Hi. So I'm starting up a 55 gal. I had it going years ago but financially was able to keep it going. Alot has changed since then and I'm ready to jump back in. I live outside of Colorado Springs right by falcon. I've been searching for lfs but can only find one. Of course petsmart and petco. While at petco I was referred to this group so here I am. I would love to know of any lfs. Thanks for everyone's time.

Welcome.

You have Seascape aquatics on the SW corner of Union and Academy. Mr Aqua is on Filmore just W of Nevada. If you are looking for corals, there are several vendors that are local and even one out in Falcon.

Just_Tim
01-06-2015, 11:31 AM
Welcome. Seascape is good for both livestock and equipment, not so much on corals though.

justinlp
01-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Does anyone have contact info for the places by falcon?

Murfman
01-06-2015, 12:22 PM

All he sells is corals. Reefkoi. He is a sponsor here. What are you looking for?

static reef
01-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Welcome to the club. Post some pics of your set-up when you get some time

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Levi
01-06-2015, 12:59 PM

Reefkoi in Falcon, Coral Xpressions about 15 minutes from Falcon, Petco on N Union, Seascape on Union and Academy and Mr. Aqua on Fillmore by Nevada. I typically do all of my shopping at Coral Xpressions, Reefkoi and Petco. If you want to venture up north (WELL WORTH THE DRIVE) then Aquatic Art is the place to go! My wife and I try and make it up to see Cris at Aquatic Art at least once a month, and should probably try and make it twice a month for the good deals. I also try and swing by Petco on Thursdays after work as it seems I always get to see their new stock. Reefkoi always has hot stuff in stock and just had an awesome live sale on MASC. Coral Xpressions I am at weekly looking over the corals and Jon typically brings in new stuff on a weekly or semi weekly basis. He can find just about anything you are looking for and is about 15 minutes from you. Oh another nice thing about Aquatic Art is that you can buy just about anything you can find on BRS (www.bulkreefsupply) at their store locally for the same price and dont have to pay any shipping costs!

Sharkboy99999
01-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Reefkoi in Falcon, Coral Xpressions about 15 minutes from Falcon, Petco on N Union, Seascape on Union and Academy and Mr. Aqua on Fillmore by Nevada. I typically do all of my shopping at Coral Xpressions, Reefkoi and Petco. If you want to venture up north (WELL WORTH THE DRIVE) then Aquatic Art is the place to go! My wife and I try and make it up to see Cris at Aquatic Art at least once a month, and should probably try and make it twice a month for the good deals. I also try and swing by Petco on Thursdays after work as it seems I always get to see their new stock. Reefkoi always has hot stuff in stock and just had an awesome live sale on MASC. Coral Xpressions I am at weekly looking over the corals and Jon typically brings in new stuff on a weekly or semi weekly basis. He can find just about anything you are looking for and is about 15 minutes from you. Oh another nice thing about Aquatic Art is that you can buy just about anything you can find on BRS (www.bulkreefsupply) at their store locally for the same price and dont have to pay any shipping costs!

Oh good I'm not the only one who goes in to pet co at least once a week

Sent by me

justinlp
01-06-2015, 08:38 PM
Thanks to everyone's help. I appreciate it. I will post up picks very soon. I just got the system running a few minutes ago. Just sand no rock as of now. I got some live rock from someone in town. I didn't like it so after research I decided to do a bleach soak then freshwater then a rodi make sure it's safe. The bleach soak is done now I'm going to power was it and switch to freshwater.

justinlp
01-06-2015, 09:51 PM
I'm trying to upload pics

justinlp
01-06-2015, 09:54 PM
Ok as soon as I can figure out how to upload pic I will. I'm not having much luck

Joe
01-06-2015, 09:55 PM
Welcome to the insanity. If you can make the January meeting, it would be a good way to get to know some of the folks.

justinlp
01-06-2015, 10:00 PM
When is it? Where is it? What are the requirements?

Just_Tim
01-06-2015, 10:02 PM
Check home page there sir.

I am America and So can You

Kitten1220
01-06-2015, 10:03 PM
Look for post "Jan 24 meeting" on your timeline :)

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

justinlp
01-06-2015, 10:27 PM
Thanks. I will check it out.

j5fisher
03-02-2015, 09:03 AM
Welcome