PDA

View Full Version : New Here ready to build my 150 Gal Saltwater tank...can use some help

triggawhat719
01-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Hello and thanks for letting me be apart of this forum. I have a 150 Gal tank and stand. Tank is 48" L x 31" H x 24" D I am looking for someone to come to my home and help me drill the correct holes, and start the plumbing on this tank. My plans for this tank is to get the cycle started asap. I will be making a youtube channel with the whole process and updates. Doing this hobby for me and my son he is 3 yrs old and started loving the fish lol

Murfman
01-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Hello and thanks for letting me be apart of this forum. I have a 150 Gal tank and stand. Tank is 48" L x 31" H x 24" D I am looking for someone to come to my home and help me drill the correct holes, and start the plumbing on this tank. My plans for this tank is to get the cycle started asap. I will be making a youtube channel with the whole process and updates. Doing this hobby for me and my son he is 3 yrs old and started loving the fish lol

What are you looking at drilling on the back? Closed loop? Overflow boxes? Youtube has good DIY vids on how to do it, if no one can assist. It really is not difficult. Welcome to the club and put your youtube channel in your signature so we can find it!

Just_Tim
01-05-2015, 06:23 PM
YouTube is great. Welcome to the club. Most members might want to get to know you better before they go to your house for assistance.

triggawhat719
01-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the replies :) Well I wanted to have a two hole return and two hole flow into a sump, or refugium...might of spelled that wrong. So Idk what I need lol. I just want a great filter system so the tank runs very smoothly and have room to grow. I was thinking 30 Gal sump or so...

Levi
01-05-2015, 06:51 PM
How many holes are you looking to have drilled?

Just_Tim
01-05-2015, 07:13 PM
How many holes are you looking to have drilled?

Looks like 4 bud

xsocali
01-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Welcome to SCMAS....is the tank glass or acrylic?

Campbell
01-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Hey bro I'm more than willing to help out any way I can. I'm not to keen on drilling but sump/fuge is definitely doable and the plumbing is too easy. I get off work tomorrow at about 1 or so. I'll shoot you a text and stop by to see what you're working with and see what I can do to help out if it's agreeable for you...

Also, you can check out my build thread for a 150 tall tank and plumbing/sump for ideas. It's called "Campbell's new 150 tall" I believe... Should be in "tanks" section

Levi
01-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Well a few things to consider when drilling a tank. Unless you know 100% that the tank bottom is not tempered, don't even consider drilling it. My new tanks came drilled from the factory and they tempered it AFTER drilling so it's not drillable. I have all the bits you need but if you are hesitant about drilling it yourself and doing the plumbing I suggest talking it through design wise before drilling. Make sure the idea works and will fit where you want it at. Case in point is my new build, I had to cut out a leg on the stand when plumbing because in my head it all worked but in reality there was not enough space to fit the fittings in.

Just_Tim
01-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Lots of things to consider. I drilled my first tanks after watching YouTube a bunch.

triggawhat719
01-05-2015, 09:45 PM
Yes my tank is all glass and called the manufacture, there is no tempered glass on this tank. I want 4 holes on the back of the tank not the bottom.

triggawhat719
01-05-2015, 10:42 PM
sounds good I'm ready! Thanks again